• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jeff Driskel Theory

The Zooker

VIP Member
The Rivals 100 list got revised and Driskel is still a four star. Despite owning every camp he has attended of course. The kid can run like a beast and still performs as the best passing quarterback at all the meets. But here's something most don't know. The Rivals network was started by FSU grads. You ever notice how FSU commits somehow get upgraded and UF commits somehow get downgraded or remain stagnant? Just another reason to question the media. There's been a stink about this in the journalism world lately and the Rivals network tried to cover their tracks a little by downgrading James Wilder Jr. a little. Sometimes I post some things that some folks might not know about. That's because I have a friend who works for a major media outlet that covers Gator sports. He feeds me information here and there since we were good friends back at UF. You'd be amazed at how shady sports journalism is. There are things he finds out that his employer will not allow him to submit because it is at odds with the Athletic Department at UF. For example, I'm sure you guys have always wondered why the Gainesville Sun is always praising and defending the UF staff even when they don't deserve it. That's because special access is given to the folks who report what the athletic department wants them to report. So in the end, the lesson is to never trust the media. Always question what information is given to you. When it comes to sports journalism you can either play the game and remain in the big leagues or you can go off on your own and just have some obscure sports blog with no publicity even though it contains the unfiltered truth.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Interesting, but not that surprising, once you actually see it laid out like this. The deeper, darker truth of course is that the same MUST hold true for National AND International news, right? Just as Zooker's point explains so much of what we see and hear in sports (specific-Gator related stuff, and beyond), this larger likely reality explains that "Big Picture"--and only ratifies my cynicism. "Don't believe everything you read or hear", indeed.
As for this particular point, well, I never did follow the contradiction between "Top-rated", all the video evidence and objective reports with that "still rated at 4-stars but that may change"-business--how could he be the best in the whole class nation-wide and everything else and still not get whatever "star rating" is the best possible? There had to be something going on there, and now we have a pretty good idea. I don't think it helped or hurt either he OR us this time (although it messes with our "class-rating" thus far, where I believe we only are credited with one 5-star so far, and a whole BUNCH of 4-stars) but it COULD have, in certain circumstances, and that stinks. Life is unfair, and life goes on.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Go to scout.com instead.

I check out the main three recruiting sites -- Rivals, Scout, and ESPNU. My journalism buddy agrees that Scout is the fairest of the three sites. They don't operate with a hidden agenda or known bias as far as he knows.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Another thing to think of: Urban Meyer probably thinks so highly of Driskel that he is not entertaining the idea of keeping Jordan Reed at QB. After this season, no more 3-headed monster.

The Zooker

VIP Member
There were rumors floating around that Meyer was allowing Brantley to run the option because he was afraid Jeff Driskel would think we were switching to a pro style offense.

J-ville Gator

VIP Member
Jeff Driskel can be rated a 1 star recruit. I don't care, as long as he is still a Gator.

Which is why I look at the offer list more than the star ratings. Not any one of those sites can tell me they evaluate evey junior and senior in high school...that's has to be over 10,000 prospects.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
"3-Headed Monster" not a long-term solution to ANYTHING, anyway. Just a transition, an improvement over what we WERE running on offense (pick your title for it: "Duck and Cover"? "Divemaster's Delight"?).
I just hope we keep moving on, AWAY from it, not back--and I can see no other reason to recruit Driskel.
Of course, if Addazio remains our OC in anything more than name only, who can tell?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
There were rumors floating around that Meyer was allowing Brantley to run the option because he was afraid Jeff Driskel would think we were switching to a pro style offense.

If that's the case then that's stupid especially when Tebow came aboard when the coaches adjust the playbook to suit Chris Leak.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema