• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Janoris Jenkins

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
What's your take on Janoris Jenkins so far this season? He's the only freshman starting on defense. The coaches seem to love him.

"He's a heck of a player," coach Urban Meyer said. "There are things that make Janoris what he is -- he goes to class, he's a high character guy, he has a great family, he's appreciative of everything, he busts his tail and he's a playmaker."

Several other factors have contributed to Jenkins' advanced learning curve. Graduating from Pahokee in December 2007 allowed him to enroll at Florida a semester early. He competed in spring practice and grew accustomed to the tempo of college football before fall camp.

"We knew early on that Janoris was going to be a really good player for us; he's got speed and talent," defensive coordinator Charlie Strong said.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Much-needed boost on defense, and nice to see that he's made a contribution as soon as he has, especially in an area where we had a noticable weakness last season.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I am very surprised with how quickly Jenkins has been able to contribute to this team. He's actually becoming more of a shut down corner than Joe Haden! I'm really excited to see what this secondary can do as they continue to play together.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Agree w/ O-Town

He seems to have the intangible instincts of a defensive player and nose for the ball/action. I try and watch him and Spikes on defense.

Susie

Gator Fan
I cant wiat to see how he will be in the coming years. I am so impressed with him so far!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema