• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Is this game a trap?

ilovegators

VIP Member
All I keep hearing on the radio and TV shows is that this could be a trap game and that the Vols are going to win it. And this is coming from Gator fans. What's going on people?! We are the #4 ranked team in the country. Sure we're going into their house, but this game should be a win for the Gator no questions asked.

Why the doubts? :gator:

GoGators15

Gator Fan
I don't think this is a trap game at all. If we had ran through Miami like everyone expected us too, then we might overlook UT. But the offense and Percy Harvin both have something to prove this week. They'll be ready to play.

Gatordone

Gator Fan
I'm in Tennessee and believe me, nobody up here expects a "trap" game. Sports Radio, in Nashville anyhoo, is full of hope to just stay in the game. They are still smarting from last years whoopin...

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I don't understand how it will be a trap game either, but apparently some people do when you look at the point spread. Maybe UT will have some "star" player that's going to play when everyone thinks he won't? The only person I can think of is their kick/punter.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
UT is a good team and probably angry because of last year's game however the Gators know that they're playing a good team in a hostile environment and angry they didn't beat up Miami like they wanted to.

GatorGal15

VIP Member
Well, UCLA beat Tenn., BYU creamed UCLA. If we DON'T beat Tenn., then we might as well, wrap up on winning the SEC. JMO.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Well, UCLA beat Tenn., BYU creamed UCLA. If we DON'T beat Tenn., then we might as well, wrap up on winning the SEC. JMO.

Normally I would agree with you, but after demolishing Tennessee last year only to see them WIN THE SEC EAST, anything is possible. I will still have hope of playing Alabama in the SEC title game in December, even with a loss to Tennessee this year.

sammy

VIP Member
People are saying this is a "trap" game because the Gators are clearly the better team... but it is entirely possible that Tennessee can come out and win. When playing these huge rivalry games you can toss AP rankings and records out the window. Either team can win any given day.

jamjimmy

Gator Fan
tennessee has no chance and they will be lucky to score a single point. We have too many weapons for them and our team speed is too great for them. Tennessee should feel lucky that they get to play on the same field as TEBOW!!!! This is going to be a blowout. GATORS RULE THE WORLD

runandgun

Gator Fan
No way - it's not like we're playing Georgia or LSU next weekend. Gators are ready and we're going to steamroll Tennessee

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
The Gators get amped up for any rivalry game; I'm sure others are calling it a "trap" game only hoping for an upset; also, we're coming off a bye week.

Even though we finally beat scUM after a long drought, we can't get complacent and go into this one thinking it's an easy victory. Hopefully we learned a lesson from the 2007 season and will go into Neyland ready to play. If we want to get back to Atlanta in December, every game counts. Also, knowing the weight Coach Meyer puts on rivalry games he'll have our guys well prepared for this afternoon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema