• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Is Debose the next Harvin?

nice article

and i like the sound of this

TOP-RATED RB VISITS UF

Pensacola Escambia High's Trent Richardson, Rivals.com's No. 2-ranked running back, visited Florida this weekend, and he showed up at the UF basketball team's 80-65 win against Arkansas on Saturday with coach Urban Meyer, quarterback Tim Tebow and Rainey.

The 5-foot-11, 210-pounder previously committed to Alabama but is now considered a "soft verbal" because he is visiting other schools, and Florida's student cheering section chanted his name during the first half, drawing a wave and a smile from Richardson.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
^^^ Sounds like he's going to Clemson now. The last two running backs that had their names chanted at UF b-ball games (CJ Spiller and Jamie Harper) both went to Clemson. Dabo Swinney should just send all the top RB's to Gainesville during basketball season.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
As far as being another Harvin, IMO no. Harvin is a special talent, a kind of a once in a generation kind of athlete, like Tebow. They will both be irreplaceable. The new athletes coming in I'm sure will also display their own brand of athleticism that has brought them to the top of the heap, so to speak.
Recruiting, I think is akin to rumors until they sign on the dotted line.......:gator:
Debose as far as I have found is still verbally committed to the Gators.

J-ville Gator

VIP Member
There will not be another Harvin for a while. Guys like him don't come along very often. That being said, he will most definitely be a factor and add another weapon to this offense. With Deonte Thompson taking Murph's place and DeBose adding another threat, this offense may put up similar numbers. JMO/ICBW

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
^^^ Sounds like he's going to Clemson now. The last two running backs that had their names chanted at UF b-ball games (CJ Spiller and Jamie Harper) both went to Clemson. Dabo Swinney should just send all the top RB's to Gainesville during basketball season.

Anything can happen between now and NSD, so until he signs on the dotted line we won't know.

Tigers1996

Gator Fan
While Harvin is Harvin, Debose will bring a similar skill set to the Gators. The offense will probably become more diverse now that Harvin has left. Thus less predictable for defenses.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I wouldn't mind seeing us use Deonte Thompson in the same role as Harvin. He's actually faster than Percy was. Imaging having a backfield with Demps ad Rainey already in it, and then motioning Thompson before the snap. It's ridiculous.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
I like your way of thinking. He's got legit 4.4 speed. Good hands and can run after a reception. I think he returned kickoffs in HS.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema