• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Horrible offense

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
No other words to explain it. Quite possibility the worse offense i have ever seen in the sec in a long time. From the snaps, players not lining up right, dropped passes, qb not reading plays, blitzes, defenses what a pitiful excuse for a offense. The sad thing is that urban does not see it and he continues to go as it is and smile. This will be a long year i promise all of you. I truly hope he see this and gets a new offensive coordinator. I love addazzio but he has proved he cant handle the offensive coordinator spot. He needs to concentrate on the o line and getting these snaps fixed.

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
No other words to explain it. Quite possibility the worse offense i have ever seen in the sec in a long time. From the snaps, players not lining up right, dropped passes, qb not reading plays, blitzes, defenses what a pitiful excuse for a offense. The sad thing is that urban does not see it and he continues to go as it is and smile. This will be a long year i promise all of you. I truly hope he see this and gets a new offensive coordinator. I love addazzio but he has proved he cant handle the offensive coordinator spot. He needs to concentrate on the o line and getting these snaps fixed.

A lot of the problems is BECAUSE OF THE OFFENSIVE LINE.....no protection, blocking, bad snaps....etc.etc. etc....

Too much on his plate perhaps and the entire offense suffers.

Before I get blasted, I like the guy and like what he did to keep the team together but...

He is not doing his job - Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach....

Its not working.

GoGators01

Gator Fan
will andre debose ever touch the ball this year? this offense needs play makers bad. until they can stretch the field vertically they wont be able to move the ball consistently.

TeBoWTiMe

Gator Fan
I agree - the play calling has been suspect ... but still Brantley is missing some guys deep and Pouncey is having issues with the snap. I'll wait to reserve judgement until after the game. I have a good feeling we will come out guns blazin in the second half.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Debose is still hampered by that hamstring injury. Even if it isn't affecting his ability to run routes, it has affected his learning curve. In the meantime we have experienced guys who are healthy covering the spots where Debose would come in. As much as we'd all love to see him play, he simply hasn't earned it over the guys we are seeing now. UF fans need to appreciate the steal we got on acquiring Coach Azzanni. He is an elite WR coach. I trust his ability to evaluate players and decide who needs more playing time over the others. The fact of the matter is that Debose is young, inexperienced, and coming off an injury. Throwing him into a game would not benefit anything. There are better candidates out there that deserve that playing time.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan

As quick as you are on the trigger to call out Addazio, keep in mind that we have a LOT of young players, particularly freshmen, out there on offense this year who still don't know what the hell they're doing yet. These kids are still learning - and your statement "Urban does not see it" isn't true; he's fully aware of the mistakes made and is doing what he can to get these kids to improve. It won't happen overnight, as some fans are demanding it happen, but it will in good time.

GoGators01

Gator Fan
the offense is lacking a lot of things right now. there arent any leaders on the offensive side of the ball. no consistent playmakers (besides demps). no consistent wide receiver play. inability to pick up 3rd and short yardage situations. i think carl moore could become the go to receiver when we need a big catch. its easy to blame addazio but think of the players weve lost over the last few years, tebow, harvin, louis murphy, hernandez, maurkice pouncey, riley cooper, etc. you cant just replace those guys every year, from a talent stand point or a leadership stand point.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Everything that the detractors are saying here in this thread can be summed up in three words, "1980s Gators football". Some of you were around then to see dink-and-dunk passing with no vertical game, strong defense, and strong running. Replace those big runners with our small backs, and there are a lot of parallels. We won a lot of games in that era, but not very convincingly. We even coulda-shoulda-won a national title if it were not for NCAA sanctions with that ugly offense and strong defense. Something to think about.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
deonte thompson needs to be a vertical threat for this offense to get going.

Have you seen the movie, "The Replacements", with Keanu Reeves and Orlando Jones? Deonte Thompson is Orlando Jones. We need to slap some tack 'em glue on his hands and let him run down the field.

im done expecting us to get better

if it happens it happens

but i really want a new OC hopefully foley and meyer will too by the end of the yr

its so blindingly obvious we are terrible

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
im done expecting us to get better

if it happens it happens

but i really want a new OC hopefully foley and meyer will too by the end of the yr

its so blindingly obvious we are terrible

Sorry, but Addazio won't be going anywhere.

As "terrible" as the offense may seem, they're still finding a way to get points on the board.

Sorry, but Addazio won't be going anywhere.

As "terrible" as the offense may seem, they're still finding a way to get points on the board.
he doesnt need to go anywhere he should just step down as OC and focus on the line. he's a great recruiter and a big part of the team i dont want him to leave i want him to realize he sucks at OC

is just winning really enough? i mean i wanna compete with bama and right now we cant with this shitty offense

you may be cool with the offense stinkin it up but im not

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
he doesnt need to go anywhere he should just step down as OC and focus on the line. he's a great recruiter and a big part of the team i dont want him to leave i want him to realize he sucks at OC

is just winning really enough? i mean i wanna compete with bama and right now we cant with this shitty offense

you may be cool with the offense stinkin it up but im not

What more do you want? Isn't winning enough?

This team is not ready to compete for championships this year; don't kid yourself.

Even if we were blowing everybody out, people will won't be satisfied and still find something to complain about - it happened even during 2006 and 2008 - and I still can't figure that out.

What more do you want? Isn't winning enough?

This team is not ready to compete for championships this year; don't kid yourself.

Even if we were blowing everybody out, people will won't be satisfied and still find something to complain about - it happened even during 2006 and 2008 - and I still can't figure that out.
i wanna not look like crap in the begining of every game, that would be a start lol

06-08 i loved our offense it was exciting and awesome to watch

ahh the mullen yrs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema