• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hernandez shuffle pass

sammy

VIP Member
Is the shuffle pass to Hernandez not the greatest play in the book? It works EVERY time. He was able to get 5-10 yard gains with ease.

I saw that play the first time and thought, "theyre gonna do that all game". was that a new wrinkle? or have you guys ran that before. The way OU played it, it looked like they hadnt seen it before. You guys either ran it that well, or we never knew it was coming. Either way its a well drawn up play.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
no we run it all the time, same person, same way, and formation everything I was puzzled you guys was so confused about it.

It worked so well late in the game b/c Harvin and Tebow were, at that point, running the ball very well. OU's defenders were automatically committing to Tebow and his pitch man (I'm not sure if it was always Harvin), that they left Hernandez open.

It's one thing to be told, "watch #81" during practice and planning. It's another to have Tebow run the ball down your throat the past few plays and on the next play, you actually remember, "oh wait, Tebow might do the shovel (shuffle?) pass to #81."

Tigers1996

Gator Fan
The shovel pass works so well because defenses fear the running game from Tebow. Thus they have to over commit to him which leaves Hernandez with a wide running lane. Second is the frequency of their use of it. It always appears randomly which further makes it undefendable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema