• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Have 2 winners ever played against each other in the NCG

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
I know Tebow and Smith... in 2006, but Tebow did not win it, but has that ever happened before 2 teams with Heismen winners? idk

You seriously do not know? No offense, but when did you start watching CFB? 2006?

2005 Orange Bowl (2004 National Championship) pitted the 2003 Heisman Winner Jason White(OU) against the 2004 Heisman Winner Matt Lienart (USC).

2006 Rose Bowl (2005 National Championship) had two on the same team, Matt Lienart and 2005 winner Reggie Bush.

This will be the second time in the BCS era that 2 heisman winners will be going up against each other. The first time, the current winner won. Let's hope this year will be no different. :bananajump:

I Miss Sonny's

Gator Fan
This will be the second time in the BCS era that 2 heisman winners will be going up against each other. The first time, the current winner won. Let's hope this year will be no different. :bananajump:

Other things to note about the first time:

1. The game was in Miami, like this one will be.

2. The player with the most first-place votes in the Heisman race won, and won big.

3. Oklahoma lost by 36.

So, yeah -- let's hope this year will be no different!

Go Gators.

Sooner_Bob

Gator Fan
Other things to note about the first time:

1. The game was in Miami, like this one will be.

2. The player with the most first-place votes in the Heisman race won, and won big.

3. Oklahoma lost by 36.

So, yeah -- let's hope this year will be no different!

Go Gators.

I have no memory of this game that you speak of....:no:

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
I wasn't saying they will by any means...but hey, as long as similarities were being pointed out with the other Heisman-vs-Heisman game, seemed like a good enough point to bring up. :)

Go Gators.

Obviously you missed the biggest similarity.

That is the current Heisman won. Meaning in 2004, Matt Lienart and USC won.

Let's hope for the sake of humanity that Bradford and OU wins. :p

I Miss Sonny's

Gator Fan
Obviously you missed the biggest similarity.

That is the current Heisman won. Meaning in 2004, Matt Lienart and USC won.

Let's hope for the sake of humanity that Bradford and OU wins. :p

I quoted YOU saying just that in my original post.

Obviously, YOU missed that, genius.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema