• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Harvin having trouble running from his past

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
It is something how your past will always catch up to you. Hopefully the scouts will look at what he has done in the past 3 years instead of the antics of a high school student.

I would also think that they would consider Coach Myers opinion since he seems to be quite tough on his players and their conduct on and off the field.

Once again, it shows that a person taken out of a bad element or environment and put into a solid positive element or environment can make personal changes.

Hopefully Harvin can take his experience from the Gators and keep himself out of trouble in the next level.

I wish him the best of luck!

Go Gators!

this is not going to hurt Percy. Look at all the NFL players who get in trouble and still play in the league. Randy Moss was kicked off FSU's team for drug problems and look at him now. Marcus Thomas was kicked off by Meyer and he still got drafted. No big deal this is just some writer trying to make a story out of Percy's high school days. He was 16-17 years what kid doesn't get into a little bit of trouble. I wish they would leave him alone.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Not only that but Thomas was drafted three rounds ahead of Brandon Siler, who had his issues I think. As for the downsizes, Well I don't remember Urban Meyer and his assistants having trouble with Harvin and Meyer can be hard on his players. Plus if he did have problems with Meyer, his stay would have been short. Also I don't remember his Gator teammates having problems if him otherwise it would have been known. I didn't know about his HS problems. I hope he acts like he did in UF not his high school days when he goes to the NFL. Also he shouldn't be looked at the same as LT, Vick, or Hall just because from the same area as them.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
It is something how your past will always catch up to you. Hopefully the scouts will look at what he has done in the past 3 years instead of the antics of a high school student.

I would also think that they would consider Coach Myers opinion since he seems to be quite tough on his players and their conduct on and off the field.

Once again, it shows that a person taken out of a bad element or environment and put into a solid positive element or environment can make personal changes.

Hopefully Harvin can take his experience from the Gators and keep himself out of trouble in the next level.

I wish him the best of luck!

Go Gators!

Agreed; I'm glad Coach Meyer worked with Percy instead of some other coach who wouldn't have taken an interest in helping him mature both as a player and as a person - it only goes to show that doing the right thing means the right things can happen to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema