• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Go Longhorns

skyntyte

Gator Fan
Just out of curiosity, why can't you stand Bama or Saban? I never understood this statement from my fellow SEC fans.

The way I see it, if Texas wins, it just proves the Gator haters right--we were an over-ranked fraud and did not deserve the #1 ranking for the last 12 games of our 22-game streak. It also proves the SEC haters right that we play pansies and next year none of the SEC belongs on the same level as the slow-ass Big 12. If Alabama wins, we were beat by a better SEC foe, and all that hype about the SEC is validated. I'm going SEC all the way. As a matter of fact, Nick Saban has been nothing but classy since he took over for Alabama, as far as I can recall. He has brought to Alabama what I thought Urban Meyer was going to bring to Florida. How many DUIs does Alabama have? Eye gouges? Other legal troubles?

On Saturday, Florida did not deserve the SEC championship. This year, Florida did not have the discipline, hunger, and execution to be #1 the whole year--but we did it anyway based on our reputation from last year. Nick Saban might be evil in the eyes of fans, but I outright jealous that he can match and exceed our winning record without the extra off the field crap going on. I will always be a Florida fan, but I am starting to become a Nick Saban fan. I am not an Alabama fan, but I sure as heck hope they schwack Texas worse than they whipped us so that I can honestly say we played well and got beat by a better team from my beloved SEC.

You must not have watched the game if you can think at any point that the Gators played well on Saturday. What AL does to TX has no reflection on us. Each game is its own. I have watched AL all year long and they have been similar to FL - inconsistent. However, they brought their A+ game and FL laid an egg. I do agree with the discipline part. The difference in AL and FL is the PD. In Tuscaloosa, the cop would have put AL's DE in the back seat of the cruiser to take him home. Football is king. Don't think for one second that all of the players on Bama's team are angels.

Go Bama

Gator Fan
FWIW, I pulled for Florida last year after Bama's tough loss in the SECCG. But I usually pull for Florida because I like Urban Meyer. I watched most of his last season at Utah, starting with a victory over Texas AM because I hated Fran. I told my best freind mid-season that he was one of the best coaches in the country.

I didn't like Nick Saban when he was at LSU. I can't remember why either.

It's been a LONG time since Bama's won a national championship.

I always pull for the SEC, until Auburn takes the field. Those guys are a different breed of cat.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
FWIW, I pulled for Florida last year after Bama's tough loss in the SECCG. But I usually pull for Florida because I like Urban Meyer. I watched most of his last season at Utah, starting with a victory over Texas AM because I hated Fran. I told my best freind mid-season that he was one of the best coaches in the country.

I didn't like Nick Saban when he was at LSU. I can't remember why either.

It's been a LONG time since Bama's won a national championship.

I always pull for the SEC, until Auburn takes the field. Those guys are a different breed of cat.

One thing Florida and Bama fans can probably agree on: Most of us can't stand Tennessee.

Don't know about you, but I'm glad what's been going around is finally coming around where Lane Kiffin's concerned - IMO he's been nothing but trouble from Day One.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema