• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Give me your honest opinions and predictions for the USC-FLA game.

GoonSquad

Gator Fan
Personally, I don't believe you guys will beat the spread (-23). I don't see us giving up that many TD's more with the way our defense has played all year. I'm am very worried about our offense, but only because our OL is barely there. But we also have a lot of weapons on offense if we get time, including McKinley, Jared Cook, Weslye Saunders, and Jason Barnes. Eric Baker at running back is only getting better and better.

This being said it will take at least two turnovers by our D and a great performance by our O to win.

My Hope: USC's D lives up to its billing and continues racking up sacks. We get 1 INT and 1 fumble recovery and win 38-31

My Nightmare: USC's D does not fit it #3 national billing and gets obliterated. Tebow runs and throws all over the place and the Gators have a field day. Gators win 49-10

Realistic: USC will be able to stop Florida somewhat but the offense will just not be able to keep up.

Florida wins 38-24

All opinions appreciated.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I haven't seen USC play recently, but I know they've improved since I saw them lose to UGA.

For USC to win, they need a perfect storm, like Ole Miss got against us.

I think we'll win by 14+. Again, I don't know if we'll cover the spread (we barely covered it against Vandy), but we'll comfortably beat USC.

My score prediction: 35 - 17

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Honestly, USC's D is VERY good. Their offense is ectremely suspect right now though. I don't see them scoring 24-30 points on us. Especially with the way our D has been playing lately.

I'll have a more in depth preview on my blog later in the week.

For now, without looking into it too deeply, I'd say Florida wins 34-10

one team has a high t/o margin one doesnt. one teams offense is unstoppable and one is not. Florida is the team, those 2 things are crucial.

Special Teams will be where Fla wins the game will block at least a punt and caused a missed FG.

no disrespect to SC but Florida 45- 7

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
This is tough. I went to both colleges. I sat in both stadiums. I follow both teams.

I see a slaughterhouse for 3 quarters, and the Gamecocks playing their starters against our backups in the 4th quarter as we rest our players for the powerhouse at Citadel. Ha ha. 38-21.

GoonSquad

Gator Fan
That sounds fair enough. I know USC's offense is suspect but we always seem to play at our best against florida.

Thanks for the well put opinions...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
That sounds fair enough. I know USC's offense is suspect but we always seem to play at our best against florida.

Thanks for the well put opinions...

I will say that Spurrier and the Cocks do have the ability to pull off an upset if the Gators are caught thinking ahead to Florida State or Alabama. SC isn't going to go easy on us just because we already clinched the SEC East and there is no conference championship left to play for--they are going to play to win regardless. Am I right?

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I will say that Spurrier and the Cocks do have the ability to pull off an upset if the Gators are caught thinking ahead to Florida State or Alabama. SC isn't going to go easy on us just because we already clinched the SEC East and there is no conference championship left to play for--they are going to play to win regardless. Am I right?

That's why Coach Meyer needs to drill "never forget Ole Miss - take it one game at a time" into the heads of our players. Ther eare three weeks left in the season, and it so happens Carolina's a ranked team right now. For Florida to maintain their BCS standings or have a shot at moving up, we need to win out - nothing less.

GoonSquad

Gator Fan
I can't wait until Saturday to be honest.

Norwood is looking to break USC all time sack record Saturday.

I really feel if we can continue getting pressure on you guys like we've done recently we can win this game.

I can't wait until Saturday to be honest.

Norwood is looking to break USC all time sack record Saturday.

I really feel if we can continue getting pressure on you guys like we've done recently we can win this game.

thats the only way but Vandy was causing pressure and Tebow found the open man. I think that will happen again. i know SC blitzes 8, drops back 8 at any time but our speed at the end of the day and Tebow decisions will be way to much for SC to handle. Btw SC hasnt played a good offense really yet so its a huge test. they held UGA low scoring but they blew so many open receivers, there top ranked D looks deceiving to me. but we will see come saturday.

usceast

Gator Fan
carolina is gonna get waxed

i love usc and am a season ticket holder..we beat tennessee like a drum, i left the arky game with 6 minutes left on saturday smiling from ear to ear..

saying that, we lose 44-3..demps, tebow, moody, harvin..blah blah blah blah blah..garcia will throw 2 interceptions and smelley will throw 1. we will give up 2 tds on special teams. we are carolina..we cant stand success and always lose to the teams we should beat. spurrier will never turn it around and make us contenders. nobody will. we are equal with vandy..no wait, they have beaten us 2 yrs in a row..so i guess we are worse than vandy..its embarrassing to say that you are a usc fan these days. i wish we had holtz back. his 2000 team could kill this one..

castawaygator

VIP Member
31 - 13 gators

usc will have turnovers to keep their score low, and regardless of how good the usc D is the gators will score with ease after great field position due to either fumble, int, blocked punt, brandon james.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
lol1.gif
.............................................................garcia will throw 2 interceptions and smelley will throw 1. we will give up 2 tds on special teams. we are carolina..we cant stand success and always lose to the teams we should beat. spurrier will never turn it around and make us contenders. nobody will. we are equal with vandy..no wait, they have beaten us 2 yrs in a row..so i guess we are worse than vandy..its embarrassing to say that you are a usc fan these days. i wish we had holtz back. his 2000 team could kill this one..
:smartass:

roll2.gif

GoonSquad

Gator Fan
i love usc and am a season ticket holder..we beat tennessee like a drum, i left the arky game with 6 minutes left on saturday smiling from ear to ear..

saying that, we lose 44-3..demps, tebow, moody, harvin..blah blah blah blah blah..garcia will throw 2 interceptions and smelley will throw 1. we will give up 2 tds on special teams. we are carolina..we cant stand success and always lose to the teams we should beat. spurrier will never turn it around and make us contenders. nobody will. we are equal with vandy..no wait, they have beaten us 2 yrs in a row..so i guess we are worse than vandy..its embarrassing to say that you are a usc fan these days. i wish we had holtz back. his 2000 team could kill this one..

You are clearly not a gamecock fan. Just someone being an ass for me asking a question.

But if you feel its 44-3 then whatever.

usceast

Gator Fan
You are clearly not a gamecock fan. Just someone being an ass for me asking a question.

But if you feel its 44-3 then whatever.

yes, i am a carolina fan, and yes i was being an ass. i still say garcia will throw 2 ints and smelley one..demps will run back a punt for a td...that will happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema