• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators vs Gamecocks and Week 9 Bowl Predictions

Gators...

• Total voters

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Does Muschamp need this win?

Im not tlaking about for his future with florida. Im just talking about to "win" over the doubters? Or to possibly "win" over some of his own team?
To HELL with "anyone on his team" that needs "winning over"--those are the "5-Star Clowns" we have GOT to get rid of! Meyer brought in a bunch of those heartless, gutless bastards--and I hope they go to OTHER Florida teams and screw up THEIR squads.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
YES we need this win. But more importantly we need to play the right players. Bench Brantley, put Brisset in as qb and that opens up the run game for demps,Rainey,gillislee. Plus I firmly believe brisset has a more accurate arm than Brantley...
Can't argue with anything you say here, IA--though I WOULD still judge our chances of winning better with a healthy Brantley, at this point: he knows the offense, he has the team's confidence and attention--and there's no denying they "get a spark" when he's in there. I won't deny that what we're seeing is only "relative improvement", that "less confusion" and "better on-field leadership" aren't exactly ringing praise, but I'll take what we can get, for now: I would REALLY like to see this team win out, see its young players who ARE part of the future begin to come together and see some improvement and success that they can build on and share with the many new faces coming in NEXT year.
At the same time, we NEED to see if one of these 2 QBs is really "the guy", the clear starter going into next Spring--if possible, we need to see if we can keep 'em both, whether one of them seizes the clear lead or not. I certainly haven't seen enough from either to feel good about our future at the key offensive position. As it stands, we may HAVE to make a last minute shift-in-focus on the recruiting trail to find another QB-prospect.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
This year we need Brantley and Demps to win by putting points on the board in the 1st half to make up for the secondary meltdown in the 2nd half. Whether we like Brissett and Gillislee better, they are not the best option today. As long as JB and Demps produce, we just need the secondary to turn around when the ball is in the air and play those tall receivers going for the jump ball. Finally, in a close game, we need our kicker to make those FGs.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This year we need Brantley and Demps to win by putting points on the board in the 1st half to make up for the secondary meltdown in the 2nd half. Whether we like Brissett and Gillislee better, they are not the best option today. As long as JB and Demps produce, we just need the secondary to turn around when the ball is in the air and play those tall receivers going for the jump ball. Finally, in a close game, we need our kicker to make those FGs.
That about sums it up, man. Just do the things it takes to win, whatever they are, and trust the rest to take care of itself.
Here we go.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh F*ck. He held onto it too long. Now they get a free score. Uh oh. May go badly downhill from here...holding helps.
Is this where we're going to go from? Who wants to put up a "Game Day Thread"?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
They must have read my thread and traded their 2nd half meltdown for the 1st half lay down. No more score prediction threads from me now that our SEC schedule is done.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They must have read my thread and traded their 2nd half meltdown for the 1st half lay down. No more score prediction threads from me now that our SEC schedule is done.
My new theme: Both offense and defense squads are under-manned and over-matched--but "D" is doing enough to win these games, while "O" is NOT...I'm not one to "go-off", to shallowly over-react way to early to first impressions, and we ALL know the limits and weaknesses in our personnel, the injuries, depth issues, and how undersized backs and linemen (not to mention THREE straight years of whiffing at WR recruits) doomed us offensively in the SEC (we MIGHT do better with Boise State's competition, except we don't even have as many self-disciplined, tough-and-determined guys who hang together on this team as they do!).
However, I expect this to begin to change next season, quickly and dramatically, and I WILL hold Weis to a higher standard as things progress. With so much youth, I'll understand if play is uneven at times, but I will ALSO expect us to be able to get hot, to run off a few scores on offense when we do. Starting next season, when our defense holds ANY team under 20 points, I will EXPECT our Weis-coached offense to score enough points to win. Period.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema