• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 6: #18 Florida Gators vs Arkansas Razorbacks

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Look: I don't claim any great wisdom or prescience here. In fact, it's all so obvious and simplistic that bolloxing it takes a real stubborn, tunnel-vision approach.
OK: Week in, week out, we're a running team for large portions of our offensive gameplan...but there are a host of different ways of being that team. This has looked choppy and ill-concieved again.
Meanwhile, I don't know if it was the late starting time or what, but even our D is looking sluggish, a step behind--they're taking poor angles too.
PURIFOY!!! Pik SIX!!! What I say???!!! Only WAY we score TDS here tonight!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Looks like Hardin is out as kicker for now
Btw--Frankly, I think Muschamp stuck with him based on rep, prep, and practice ...Hear he BOOMS 'em from everywhere in practice--but at a certain point, THAT shows a (deep) problem: Got the chops, but NOT the nerves--and nerves are what FG-kicking is really all about, 'specially with the game on the line, which with THIS offense WILL happen.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK, D: Best y'all can hope from your offense is that they'll give u some rest along the way. I'd STILL gve Tyler a chance here and there to get untracked, open up the field a BIT...but I guess it'll be mostly "lean on 'em with the running game" rest of the half, anyway. (Grunt) 61-yd punt. Um, as this D begins to assert itself now, that'll be one of their best offensive plays--and with OUR offense, it could well be enough to keep 'em in it. Man, this might be shaping up into something only next-of-kin (and US) can watch.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OMG--THAT'S their idea os a PASSING PLAY?!! DOWNFIELD, guys! We're F*cked now: 'Bout to hand 'em superb field-position. Yeah, great job helpin' out the D, offense. I'm sorry: It always comes back to this: Either this is Muschamp, head up his @$$ tying Pease's hands, Pease having NO idea how to design a gameplan or run and offense--or they're coming up with this cluster-f*ck together--and it'll NEVER improve while they're both here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, our D is coming on--I already know MY christmas present..how do we arrange an offense from Santa?
HERE'S a present: a probable "muff" is awarded to us, with 15 yds of field position tacked on. Let's throw it DOWN there--OR: Murphy can pull it down and run for 15 or 20 yds. Now he gets NO protection. Oh, MAN, I HATE this offense--even our O-line, (I'm SO tired of calling it "our o area of strength and depth on offense")--and there's the little over-the-=middle pass to Patton, who can DO somethin' with this, and (oops, he;s FAST)--TDTDTDTDTD!!!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This game just ain't so complicated. Thing is, we 're generally not doing the things that work unless/until there's little CHOICE.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK...Doesn't look so bad now--but truth is--we've already left somewhere between 3 and 10 pts on the field...If they don't end up hurting us, it'll be (once again) 'cause our D is so good.
(Btw--didn't wanna get into it at the start of our game, but was watching that Tenn/UGA game right down to the end--and could be argued that much as Texas was handed THEIR game on the road agains Iowa State, UGA got a "similar-but-different" gift-of-a-win in overtime...wait 'til ya see it...BUT: Our D will shut them DOWN come The Party...If we can just find some pizazz in the blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah (you know what I'm gonna say, and we ALL know no one on that coaching staff is gonna listen, or consider the starkly obvious etc etc etc etc etc).
See, if you can SCORE POINTS, guys, and no one can score even 2 TDs on avg against you (as is what is developing thus far this season), you'll win a whole MESS of games. Yep, thought of that all by myself, mmm hmmm...

awebbf5

VIP Member
OK...Doesn't look so bad now--but truth is--we've already left somewhere between 3 and 10 pts on the field...If they don't end up hurting us, it'll be (once again) 'cause our D is so good.
(Btw--didn't wanna get into it at the start of our game, but was watching that Tenn/UGA game right down to the end--and could be argued that much as Texas was handed THEIR game on the road agains Iowa State, UGA got a "similar-but-different" gift-of-a-win in overtime...wait 'til ya see it...BUT: Our D will shut them DOWN come The Party...If we can just find some pizazz in the blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah (you know what I'm gonna say, and we ALL know no one on that coaching staff is gonna listen, or consider the starkly obvious etc etc etc etc etc).
See, if you can SCORE POINTS, guys, and no one can score even 2 TDs on avg against you (as is what is developing thus far this season), you'll win a whole MESS of games. Yep, thought of that all by myself, mmm hmmm...
Ppl may not agree but id rather see Georgia win than Tennessee

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ppl may not agree but id rather see Georgia win than Tennessee
You thinkin' "Cocktail Party" and strength-of-schedule? I was just rootin' 'gainst our rival--the one that is rated so highly, that is...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ooooh--I was hopin' on a "jump" there...Still: Now THEY'RE spending too much time, too many PLAYS down deep, givin' our D a chance to get the ball--There was Purifoy sneakin' in behind...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Alright: How 'bout a DRIVE/ We good for ONE "scripted and executed", "march it down the field" tonite???

awebbf5

VIP Member
Is of just me or does Murphy remind anyone else of Chris leak. I think their releases are similar

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gettin' the feeling Tyler's finally getting comfortable? Even with that loss and 3rd and LONG--I think they can pick thus UP now...

awebbf5

VIP Member
[qha012, post: 71550, member: 2084"]You thinkin' "Cocktail Party" and strength-of-schedule? I was just rootin' 'gainst our rival--the one that is rated so highly, that is...[/quote]
I hate Tennessee worse dru , my most hated rival

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Good call--but they had it called and defensed...STUPID penalty...Harrison ejected, too, after a 15 yd penalty...AND we lose our CENTER and solid guy-in-the-middle...He's hot, saying he's being f'ed with, BUT HE SHOULD KNOW BETTER. HELL, he hurt the team BIGTIME, and EVERYTHING just fell apart...30 seconds ago on the clock we had things nicely in hand...now suddenly we've got trouble. See--that's discipline, coaching, and all around not staying aware of your people over there on the sidelines...I know Harrison is an emotional player...I AlSO just saw the replay, and it doesn't look like he DID anything...Meanwhile, we get penalized for continued stupidity--I mean, that oughtta be a penalty--now they give 'em that long pass. We HAD this game JUST about put away early in the 2nd half--then we brought 'em back into it here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gotta point this out here, 'cause it's so instructive about what's missing with this squad:
In a sense, the lack of development or use of the long pass is a symptom of (and personally I LOVE that they kick it here--after we gave 'em the ball, field-position and all those yards, a 3 is a "win" for us no matter WHAT the announcers think--this criticism does NOT apply to our D, which is obviously just a BEAST), as I was sayin' (and this BETTER be "offsides" on the kicking team--that'd have been our special teams gettin' OUT-COACHED TWO WEEKS IN A ROW!!! I mean they WERE, but were saved THIS time by the other guys' over-hyped mistake) a SYMPTOM of what is a general lack of that "Killer's Instinct" right across the board on offense AND special teams. I don't think it IS a matter of personnel: It's a mindset--or maybe more precisely, an over-cautious, over-analytical approach. Sometimes, after all the practice, ya just gotta let it fly!
Meanwhile, another penalty destroyed the promising flow of THIS drive--now we gotta punt after actually MAKING a bunch of yards, to no avail. The one guy who's played a great game, start 'til now, on offense , of course is Patton...shoot, rest of the way, I'd be making him a target or decoy/2nd or 3rd option on every play tonight--he is sizzling, got that weird glow around him that says, "Just get me the damn ball!"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema