• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 10: Florida Gators vs Georgia Bulldogs

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...Btw, I'm sure most of y'all have run across Spurrier's not-so-subtle OR gentle smirking take on this year's "World's Largest.." (well, largest something, but never mind that line-of-thought for the moment):
When asked the annual "what did you think of that game when you were the Coach at UF...?"-question, he came up with, "Fortunately when I was coaching we usually had a better team than Georgia..."
Yeah, we get it, Coach. Talk about "burstin' with meaning and attitude", he could have left out the "Georgia" at the end of that statement made it an even more multi-leveled put-down/analysis of the current state of our once-proud team and program...Gotta figure that tho' he's continued to learn and appreciate the value of defense to Championship-winning football over the years (a process that must have begun to really sink in with that one year with Bob Stoops as DC that also happened to turn out SS's one Nat'l Championship here, on some level he must shake his head at what he sees and knows of our offense even from afar and based mostly on the scores). Well, he's gonna have a real laugh riot come the day he has to watch film and really focus on this Gator team. Even on a good day for the D, asking a Steve Spurrier team to "score at least 17 pts in order to win" falls into the category of, "How do we get our guys to take this one seriously enough not to look bad and only beat 'em by ten or some damn thing?!!"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Not sure our defense can be called "elite" . Good to me is more like it. Sure we can say we are ranked high is most categories, but let's face it we haven exactly faced offenses who put up huge numbers on other good defenses. The only good offense our "elite" defense faced, they burned us for over 500 total yards, with a back up QB. I know ESPN says our defense is great or "elite" but great defenses show up to big games and ours we'll they seem to fold durning big games, I'm not putting our defense down because at this point it's all we got but if you look back at the "elite" defenses we had (2006, 2008) they showed up during big games against good offensive teams. This unit has yet to show me it can stop a good offensive team, in fact it showed me it can't stop a team with a decent QB or RB. Stats are good but when your record is 4-3 and 0-3 against top 25 teams something is wrong. Each one of our loses our defense did not make play when it needed to or gave up multiple big plays . I know our offense needs to help but we all know that ain't gonna happen.
Maybe should have been more clear: In my view, for the most part that D more than did its job, even with injuries (and there IS some validity to the attrition-factor there: We began with essentially two-plus full squads everywhere but at a couple of defensive secondary positions--and even those were result of spring-injury--and injuries reduced this to just one really good one that continued to play well but couldn't get off the field for rest it needed all-the-more, thanks to that inept "no-ball-control-offense" that neither surprised anyone nor called and/or executed anything that might have at least moved the sticks when the defense really needed it)--right up until our last game, against Mizzou, when even the D seemed to finally begin to cave to "loser's resignation", where the weak links really began to show and even some of the remaining "studs" began looking like "weak links" and " free-lancing fools" out there (Humphries was maybe the prime example, ironically enough).
Point is, the starting-line-up on D even now could be very good again if only they were not asked to do everything all the time--even score, really--and between red shirts, young faces already forced into early playing time and resulting experience, and the guys we'll have coming back (not even counting the new 4- and 5-star recruits who'll get a chance to compete, as Hargreaves and a couple of others did this season) that whole unit will be pretty well as-good or better than the one expected this season by the time 2014 is about to kick off. In other words, with this Head Coach, some "better luck" (we hope it's that), and a "stay-the-course and survive this season" approach on defense, we can be "fully back" and maybe then some next year, in my view. It is on offense where that is not merely misguided, but completely, stubbornly foolhardy--and ultimately self-destructive, for this team's (and this staff's) future.

(Hey--I get static for my admittedly HEAVY (ha ha) use of capitals to stress certain words to heighten the points that I am making--it's good natured teasing, I know, but I'm trying "bold" font here instead on the theory that it wouldn't come up in the first place if it weren't a notable distraction, and since discovering that it's now easier switching back-and-forth than it used to be thanks to robdog's latest upgrade...Is it an improvement as far as y'all are concerned, or should I either (1) leave 'em all in small letters and let the reader figure out what I meant to "stress"?, or (2) not care what anyone thinks and just go back to caps, "cause I WANNA! Waaaa!!!"?)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I am 60% certain we lose against Georgia, 50% on Vanderbilt (they did beat Georgia), 80% we lose to USCe, 1% to Georgia Southern, and 90% on FSU. We are 4-3, so we have to beat Vanderbilt or else we earn our first losing season since 1979. Those wins are not going to be against USCe or FSU.

Escambia94

To show how disgusted I am with this team, I am boycotting the game. This will be the first fucking game that I purposely miss in nearly 30 years of watching Gator football. My prediction: 21-10, Dawgs.

miltongator

Gator Fan
I don't see us scoring 10 points. (unless the D scores) And, I don't see UGA being held to 21. Put me on the boycott list, too. I believe I'll be staying there until there's a change at the top. How can you take a once elite program and reduce it to what we are now having to suffer through? Last in the SEC in offense. Pitiful!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am 60% certain we lose against Georgia, 50% on Vanderbilt (they did beat Georgia), 80% we lose to USCe, 1% to Georgia Southern, and 90% on FSU. We are 4-3, so we have to beat Vanderbilt or else we earn our first losing season since 1979. Those wins are not going to be against USCe or FSU.
Sad but true...I'll put it on here at home, since I WILL likely be here--but that's because I was out partying the last two nights (Halloween in Austin is a big deal--and even better as a single guy, which I more or less AM now at the moment, and yes, I availed myself of pretty well every advantage, option and happy depravity that was offered and/or otherwise "became available"--and for some reason, for me this year these were MANY...DAMN, it was wild!)--and finally, for SOME reason, despite such reasonable and responsible behavior, I am WASTED tired and suffering these strange post-alcohol effects that no one warned me about...and although as I say, "I WILL put it on", I expect to sleep thru' most of it...I do not expect "exciting Gator highlights" to disturb my by now desperately needed recovery coma--I mean "beauty sleep".
(I will now refrain from once again launching into "All The Sad Reasons That Neither A WIN Nor A Loss Is Especially Significant, Helpful, OR Encouraging For This Program At This Time--EXCEPT Insofar As It Relates To Whether We DO End Up With A Losing Record"...After all, that title does a pretty good job of summarizing our plight.)

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
just started watching, just in time to see ANOTHER bullshit screen pass followed by a missed PI call.

fuck it, fire the entire staff. Muschamp included. this is unacceptable for Florida

Leakfan12

VIP Member
i wonder if brent pease watches the other teams offense, or does he play on his fucking gameboy between possessions?

Actually Playstation could called in a gameplan than Pease. Also why aren't they kicking field goals? six points is better than zero.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
wide open receivers, no tackling, no pass rush, just a complete shit show. fuck mushcamp and everyone on the staff. this is the worse Florida team I have ever seen.

Escambia94

Agreed. Fuck Muschamp. Unacceptable. Put in Morhinweg as QB, throw the Pease playbook into the river, and just have fun.

awebbf5

VIP Member
wide open receivers, no tackling, no pass rush, just a complete shit show. fuck mushcamp and everyone on the staff. this is the worse Florida team I have ever seen.
I am glad everyone is finally seeing that we will never be a elite program under this idiot. It is time to bring down the ax.

awebbf5

VIP Member
LMAO I swear Zook was never was this bad. Either fire Muschamp or Foley and Muschamp. I feel bad for our players having to suit up for this guy, our scheme is trash.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema