• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites - FLA vs Jacksonville State

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yikes--There's some good ones there! Sturgis, Hines and Gillislee we'll obviously miss BIG time--the last two, it should be noted, were WAY under-utilized until this season, and Hines I believe CONTINUES to be used much less than we could be getting from him...all he ever DOES is BREAK OUT when called on, and (for example) GILLY'S difficulties of late might well have been (and, in the time left, might still BE) lessened by opening up that offense with Hines' greater use.
The thing about that list is that it's greatest losses appear on offense--where we have a lot of promising replacements coming in, some here and more (hopefully, assuming we KEEP them) "on-the-way"...Moreover, let's face it: there NEED to be "wholesale changes" on offense--those named-above aside, it's NOT as if we could be a much WORSE offense next year!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
End in home with a win guys.
Bottomline, though, despite what I say above, you ARE right, Lf...they are GATORS, and they were a part of a difficult time of "fall, and then RISE AGAIN" starting THIS year. So thankful AND happy for THEM that they could be part of THIS season, after the last 2 or 3...

I am just glad we got a Win but we really need to work on offense.

Folks please remember it took Brent Pease about 3 - 4 years to get Kellen Moore and the gang right.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am just glad we got a Win but we really need to work on offense.

Folks please remember it took Brent Pease about 3 - 4 years to get Kellen Moore and the gang right.
Personally, I don't hold Pease responsible at ALL for our troubles on offense: Coach Muschamp has made it clear for WEEKS that it has been HE, in making the final decision each game in the 2nd half to be conservative, who has been responsible for the overall philosophy "for now, this team being what it is NOW and the way opponents are playing us", along with the various limitations in terms of health and overall depth's effect on all facets of our offense, all coming together to make winning it "close to the vest" the way we have gotten it done this season.
I am actually excited to see what Pease will do with a true power-offense, adding his creativity to the advantages and possibilities that the talented additions already committed to coming here with our next recruiting class (assuming that we can indeed get the majority of them IN here) will likely present him with. In fact, I anticipate a kind of quick expansion, a "blossoming", even, as a true balanced-offense, capable of sudden SURPRISE, takes shape here on the offensive side of the equation. Together, balanced strength in all three units will make next year's Gator team the first edition of a TRULY special-in-its-growing-dominance "Gator Era". We are only a consistently decent offense away already, and it appears that we'll be that much closer to it ALL come 2013.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Is anyone watching what's happening late tonight here out west? Kansas St. has already been SLAUGHTERED by Baylor, and now Stanford has a kick to win against Oregon...YES! We are back IN it, believe it or DON'T! If we can SOMEHOW win next week, we are almost CERTAINLY in the BCS, and if NOTRE DAME loses to a less-than-formidable-this-year USC squad (Notre Dame has really had an easy road this year, getting the weak-yeared version of even their very few "tougher" games), we might EVEN find ourselves back in the BCS picture...

OK: It all narrows back down to FSU for us now. My God, 'Bama has ALREADY gad things break their way; If we can JUST "hold up our end" one more time...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema