• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gamecocks vs. Florida Gators Game Thread

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
gamecockslogo.gif
vs.
gatorslogo.gif

South Carolina Gamecocks vs. #4 Florida Gators
Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 3:30 PM EST
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium - Gainesville, FL

Go Gators!!!

GatorGal15

VIP Member
What the .... was SoCar thinking after that punt when they tried to throw the ball. That was one of the weakest plays I have EVER seen.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Throw-back backfires
South Carolina tried a little trickery to gain some momentum, but its throw-back kick return didn't work and ended up effectively putting the game out of the Gamecocks' reach late in the first quarter.
Dion LeCorn caught Caleb Sturgis' kick in the end zone and ran it out to the 9 before he stopped and threw the ball across the field to Chris Hail, who seemed to misjudge it.
UF's James Smith grabbed the ball at the 5 and dove into the end zone for an apparent touchdown. But after a review, the officials spotted the ball one foot from the end zone.
"I've been in that position on kickoff for a few years now, and I figured one day someone would try a trick play," Smith said.
Tim Tebow scored three plays later to give the Gators a 21-0 lead.
South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier said he regrets the decision.
"It was a dumb call on my part," he said. "We thought it might provide a spark."

Yeah, I actually felt bad for them. For about 2 seconds!

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Spurrier had nothing to lose by calling that play. If it worked, it could get them a TD or put his offense on our side of the 50. If it didn't work, well USC was going to lose anyways.

SWAMPTHING08

Gator Fan
If your gonna throw it back on a kickoff to your teamate at least have him catch it not let it slip through his hands. That is the dumbest thing to do!

Throwbacks = Touchdowns for Gators

Go Gators

You could tell that steve spurrier wasnt even thinking when he decided to do his little trick play.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Our Gators read Steve Spurrier like a book. He just doesn't have that touch like he did back in the 1990's when he was coaching us.

Our defense is playing heads-up as our each of our special teams, and our offense is reaping the benefits of playing with a short field more often than not. Aside from that one miscue between Tebow and Rainey on that bobbled option that resulted in a turnover, this Gator team was on fire.

Well sitting up here in gamecock country I have one thing to say about saturdays game SWEET !!!!

I loved it, most of the people I know here are "cocks" and they have been talking so much crap about how they "had a chance to win" I tried to tell them they need to come back to reality that the Gators were gonna spank their butts they would say "our defense is one of the best in the country " my reply "so, they haven't faced Tebow & the boys yet"
the local sports radio station does a call in the day before the game with score predictions, I was a little off i picked it at 49-9 they razzed me on the air of course but i held true !!
to anyone that was at the game did you have ny problems with gamecock fans ? my son was at the game here last year he was sitting with friends that are "cocks' he was in his Gator gear , cheeering for the Gators, but he is also the kind of guy that respects good ballplay and would give the cocks their due when they made a good play but the fans around him ( other than his friends of course ) were really crappy to him & his girlfriend cussing them and such then an old man grabbed him by the arm telling him to watch what he says.... i know it boils down to sore losers !!!

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Well sitting up here in gamecock country I have one thing to say about saturdays game SWEET !!!!

I loved it, most of the people I know here are "cocks" and they have been talking so much crap about how they "had a chance to win" I tried to tell them they need to come back to reality that the Gators were gonna spank their butts they would say "our defense is one of the best in the country " my reply "so, they haven't faced Tebow & the boys yet"
the local sports radio station does a call in the day before the game with score predictions, I was a little off i picked it at 49-9 they razzed me on the air of course but i held true !!
to anyone that was at the game did you have ny problems with gamecock fans ? my son was at the game here last year he was sitting with friends that are "cocks' he was in his Gator gear , cheeering for the Gators, but he is also the kind of guy that respects good ballplay and would give the cocks their due when they made a good play but the fans around him ( other than his friends of course ) were really crappy to him & his girlfriend cussing them and such then an old man grabbed him by the arm telling him to watch what he says.... i know it boils down to sore losers !!!

By far ,this is the best Gator team that I've seen in a LONG time.

Already some other rival fans are knocking Coach Meyer for "running up the score" on purpose, but yes, they're just (1) sore losers, (2) jealous of us this year, or (3) both.

By far ,this is the best Gator team that I've seen in a LONG time.

Already some other rival fans are knocking Coach Meyer for "running up the score" on purpose, but yes, they're just (1) sore losers, (2) jealous of us this year, or (3) both.

as far as "running up the score" I have to agree with the guys I heard on TV saying that if meyer had not let the boys keep scoring that Spurrier for one would have lost alot of respect for him...didn't spurrier always get acused of "running it up" ? you can't put them on the field & tel'em "don't score" that is what they are out there to do. If ya don't want a bunch of points hung on ya ...stop'em ....oh yea they can't do that can they LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema