• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day--Week 5: Uh oh.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Guys--I'm going nuts with the sudden silence. Someone give me the news here!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--had to "settle" for 3. If this was ANY other Gator team, who we're playing after all we've been through, well, I am DANCIN' shamelessly out here...but as it is, there's still, what, bout 7 minutes left? One more pick, run some time off, then we can rest easier?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
4 minutes left to go in the game. Rebels get the onside kick? Nevermind. The ball did not travel 10 yards. Gators have the ball at midfield.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(Btw, since I can't watch it right now, haven't even been able to get the stadium radio-feed, I--
Wait, score now 38-3??? Was there a Pick6, finally?
Gentlemen, don't know where y'all went off to, but I had a feeling SOMETHING "GOOD" must have happened--suddenly 5, count em FIVE Gator Flags are out and flying here in the crowd in front of the Honda stage at ACL, while DeadMau5 plays on. Guess I'm not the only one following this thing...just got over to one of these knots of Gators as Ol Miss finally gets a TD--just my luck--missed all the Gator fireworks there, but catch their face-saver.
But we are gonna WIN this one, boys. OK, lemme get it all out in a rush:
Orange Uni-Curse lifted, calling the win with 4 minutes left shows HOW well we WHIPPED them...
And here's the unsayable, we don't care but I'll be the first to say it ANYWAY:
"I THINK THEY'RE GONNA RANK US NOW...". Lol. I condemn myself for even GIVING a shit--don't even CARE how little it really means.
Just have a great night-into-morning, smile for the cameras and the girls--then turn the page, see what we can do about the NEXT "unbeatable opponent".
That kinda year, that kinda team.

Escambia94

Exciting game indeed. I did not expect the Gators to win this one, although I believed it was winnable.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(Btw, sorry bout all the duplicates, etc...lotsa trouble doing this w phone and tablet at an outdoor rock fest with thousands of OTHERS using THEIR phones..."Don't these selfish idiots realize they're destabilizing my following and enjoying a monumental Gator win?!!!". Maybe not--lotta Horns fans out here, and while patiently indulgent for the most part, ultimately they just are TOO BUMMED TO CARE...I understand, really thought I/we would feel it too this eve...But no. I just don't KNOW what's possible for this team. Lotta things are coming around at once...And maybe the real "unfamiliar territory" is watching a much-vaunted prep-QB actually come around, begin to live UP to that rep. And that's after the flu, and all the rest of the potential excuses and signs of what became and remained the Gator Let Down pattern since the late-Meyer era--in fact, has seemed "typical" since the week leading up to the same 2009 SEC Championship I had occasion to mention earlier. If they can now just enjoy the win, then shrug it off, return to practice and continue to learn, grow together, well, we could be WAY "ahead of schedule" after all. GREAT win. Last week was a thrilling kind of peak; THIS one was a strong performance by a team coming into its own. Now we go on the road--and may actually be READY for it.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Last porta-charge pretty low here--gonna put it on phone...where I can still follow y'all still, but can relocate friends, gf, etc...lol, kinda let everything BUT the game go here for a while, near the end.
Talk to y'all soon!

miltongator

Gator Fan
Beyond any of my expectations. Thrilled that we are heading in the direction of some of the great teams of the past. Seems like the nucleus is there.

Escambia94

Beyond any of my expectations. Thrilled that we are heading in the direction of some of the great teams of the past. Seems like the nucleus is there.

Exactly! This is the most buzz I have seen in Gainesville since Timmy Tebow was on campus! This was the most fun I have had watching a game on TV since, well, Timmy Tebow was on campus! I wish I could claim that I saw it coming, but I would be lying. This team has convinced me that things are looking up. This is not the same team that we saw scraping and scrapping against Tennessee. This was a team that was not dominant, but highly confident in all phases of the game.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I think we can all (or most of us) agree that we the fans weren't expecting this. Most of us were expecting a loss maybe even a beating. It was a beating but the Gators did the beating. Now I'm confident the Gators could be a 10 win team. I know we have Mizzo which could be a trip game especially after this game, LSU, and maybe UGA but with the way they played against Bama. I know, enjoy the win and worry about that later.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Last week was thrilling. THIS week was AMAZING--I mean, we had every reason to just hope we'd "hold our own" for a half or so, earn some respect...but you're right, all: We showed a LOT more than that, a lot more than there seemed ANY reason to do anything more than "suspect might be up ahead with a couple of good recruiting classes", but here we are. We already HAVE potential, it seems--as this staff keeps at it and these young men buy in, it seems even THIS team, THIS year, has things it might accomplish.
Point is, like you I am EXCITED--We just don't KNOW what we can do, how far we can go here.
"The future is now"? Well, "The Beginning", anyway--of something new and fun and big. Sure looks, feels like it's back, here now.
Didn't see it coming. Not this soon. Not here, now, tonight of all nights, this of all games.
You know, we should know by now: Coaching makes the difference, every bit as much as talent and depth.

miltongator

Gator Fan
The first line talent seems to be there. Build a little depth and we could become dangerous. Haven't felt this good about our chances in a lonnnngggggggggg time.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema