• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Thread: Wildcats @ Gators - 9/22

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Leakfan12 & DRU2012: I agree with both of you. LSU looks very beatable. On top of that, Florida has beaten LSU teams that had better athletes than the Gators. The Mad Hatter never claims to win pretty--he just coaches to get more points than the other team. It looks to me that Muschamp might be similar--there is no need to win pretty, just win with more points.
I THINK we might be TOUGHER than them--and that may well be the distinction between Turf-Chewer's approach to "getting more points", and Chomp's...As we come more and more to reflect our coach's philosophy, that will more and more be true, and more and more make the difference. OK, we're not yet where we're going to be on that road (as I argued elsewhere here earlier, in the seasons ahead we will COME to be best described as "relentless"), but by your own reckoning, we just have to be far enough down it in two Saturdays to end play with more points that day--and the important thing is, I think this TEAM now believes it can do that (even more than we do).

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Even if Florida is tougher than LSU, LSU is slightly bigger and they have a lot more depth. Maybe some of our youngsters will step up if they are given the chance, but we need the Gators to stay healthy throughout the unlucky month of October with three ranked teams in one month.

miltongator

Gator Fan
My late 2 cents worth. LSU has a week off too (more or less). I gotta believe they'll mostly be doing anti-Gator stuff for the next 2 weeks.
I've been brought to the precipice of believing that we are well on our way to being "back". If we can "get" LSU, I will gladly fling myself over the edge.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Getting and STAYING healthy is EVERYTHING now, as I see it. Hearing that Reed got a concussion on his one big play, a beautiful, tough catch in spite of a vicious intentional helmet-to-helmet hit by the KY defender, was terrible news, and really concerns me. Even if he did otherwise have an off day for him--awkwardly jumping early for 2 deep balls he was open for and should have caught--he is one of our key weapons in the passing game at TE, especially with our lack of depth at WR.
At the moment, we're more banged up than ever all over the place. I hope Muschamp is being straight with us, that he's right and truthful in his claim that he expects everyone but Jenkins back for LSU--and even a chance with Jelani, supposedly "ahead of schedule and getting the cast off this coming week"--leaving Patchan more likely back the following week for Vanderbilt to finally play his first game of the year. If these all turn out to be accurate, and we can avoid further such injuries, we'll have a shot in the Swamp against LSU (a better one than I would have believed just weeks ago), and be able to at least hold our own throughout that daunting October schedule.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema