• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Thread: Game 2, Sat. Sept 8 @ Kyle Field, College Station

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--I'm setting this up early for a few reasons (discussed in detail on other threads here), but mostly 'cause I'm up and being hit with it from all sides ANYWAY--so let's GO!
I don't really think I have to do much "setting up" for anyone here: I think we all have a similar view of what's at stake today. There are a plethora (always nice to get to use that word properly, right?) of reasons and considerations to be taken into account already regarding our season: Road opener. 1st game in our 2012 SEC schedule. "Welcome to the SEC, Aggies", and on and on...and looming over all of it the sudden, early impression that in this game we may well be facing already a potential "turning point" in our season--IN ITS 2nd WEEK!
Our season won't be "ruined" by a loss, but it could send us into a bit of an early downward spin, at least show enough disorganized weakness and shaken confidence to set us back several weeks in our development...Neither begin to show who we are and what we can do, nor even to get some decent wins until the middle of that season--by which time the "comeback season of the re-energized Florida Gators, coming on strong as they get players healthy, and begin to really come together as a team", will instead be viewed at best as "a disappointing Florida team finally showing what was expected of it coming into the season here at the end, more as a spoiler than a contender".
I'm not sure how right I am about this, how important this game is or how dire the consequences of a loss--but I do fear a sloppy, bumbling one the result of something like last week's frustrating mess of a performance (and one like that WILL get us beat this time!). These are my feelings and impressions, and I get the idea I'm not alone in this among fellow Gators: This could be one of those games that at a certain point gets too nerve-wracking to even watch
Having said all that, I still have no choice--and no reservations, of course--in joining with all Gators EVERYWHERE, hunkering down and saying to our guys in no uncertain terms, "We love you, we support you, and we KNOW that from top to bottom, seniors to freshmen, heavily-hyped 5-star down to scout-team walk-on, every coach secretary and intern: y'all have the talent, heart and determination to rise to this occasion:
GO GATORS!!! EAT 'EM UP!!!"

(We really need a "Gator Chomp"-symbol here for us to use on our site. Any ideas?)

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
[QUOTE "We love you, we support you, and we KNOW that from top to bottom, seniors to freshmen, heavily-hyped 5-star down to scout-team walk-on, every coach secretary and intern: y'all have the talent, heart and determination to rise to this occasion:
GO GATORS!!! EAT 'EM UP!!!"][/QUOTE] I hope It's Our Time DRU.......

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(Notice that UCF is making OSU look like the 2nd coming of Knute Rockne's Golden Domers in 2nd half...Knights continue to "pound it inside" down 3 TDs when that hasn't gone that well since the start...this is a less-than-well-stocked CFU team, but let's face it, that's "better" scheduling (from a cynical, realistic POV) than what WE have looking at us this year: the Buckeyes get THIS over-matched UCF team to beat up on a week after looking bad against a seemingly lesser opponent, whereas WE go right into our SEC-schedule on the road against an unknown quantity in a talented-but-yet-untried TAMU team in their hyped-up home stadium...Meanwhile, is anyone else wondering what this disgraced, somewhat-less-than-talented Penn State team is doing on national TV AGAIN this week? Last week's media blowhards trying to make a pathetic travesty somehow noble was bad enough, but to continue to focus on them for no other reason than that they are somehow "controversial" is just absurd; does anyone outside not-so-Happy Valley, besides the Virginia fans, even care in the slightest?
MSU has looked really good against Auburn, tho'...has 'em down 21-10 early in 4th, with ball.)
I'm so nervous about OUR game (they keep hyping it with dramatic music and cuts from last week at every opportunity here), I'm gonna switch over to something else for awhile, until KO in an hour or so...talk to y'all then...

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I'm concern hearing that Muschamp plans to rotate 10 D-lineman. OK he wants to avoid fatigue but this isn't the way to do it. Will mess up the players.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm concern hearing that Muschamp plans to rotate 10 D-lineman. OK he wants to avoid fatigue but this isn't the way to do it. Will mess up the players.
It WILL be over 100 degrees in College Station--add 'tween 10-to-20 onfield...supposedly gusting-winds over 20MPH worry me more--unpredictable. Not so sure rotation will "mess up linemen" if they've been doing it since spring to some extent, as is supposedly the case...guess like so much of the other limited "information released by team", we'll soon see...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The multiple look defense requires Mike, Sam, and Will to rotate, and swap in fresh players. No worries there.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damnit--they really didn't anticipate the QB's speed--and a personal foul to give 'em the 1st down!!! Terrible. Here we go down the drain... we went from 4th-and a mile to them threatening...this defense NEDS a pick or something NOW!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'll tell you something about playing there at Kyle: we better keep them out of the endzone or we are going to get buried early. This reversal, marching the field after the good start by the defense is just poisonous...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Over the line! That's GOT to be a penalty on the QB. 4th and long...but this offense is going to give us trouble,

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--good news/bad news: Only an FG after ALL those mistakes (worst was the big penalty, but the way we bit on the fakes and screens may be a sign of things to come)...and that's the "GOOD" news...Bad news: Once we gave them an opening, they moved right down the field--our offense can't get into a sprint with this Aggie one.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema