• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida Gators' turnovers stick in Meyer's mind

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"Florida coach Urban Meyer said he has already blocked off a segment of practice this week where the Gators will get in some extra work on ball security.

There might need to be more than one.

The Gators obviously need a lot of work there because they've already turned the ball over 11 times in six games. That includes nine fumbles, including four they had in Saturday's 23-20 victory over Arkansas.

That leaves the Gators at minus-2 in turnover ratio heading into Saturday's game at Mississippi State, the first time in Meyer's tenure that the Gators have had a negative ratio this far into the season.

"The last years and years we've been as good as anybody in America in turnover ratio," Meyer said. "We've just got to get it fixed."

Link: http://jacksonville.com/sports/college/florida_gators/2009-10-19/story/florida_gators_turnovers_stick_in_meyers_mind

TebowGlory

Gator Fan
Does anyone know how to look up how many fumbles Tebow has this year? I've gotten into arguments with other fans and they have been bringing this up.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Does anyone know how to look up how many fumbles Tebow has this year? I've gotten into arguments with other fans and they have been bringing this up.

I don't know the total, but I can recall one fumble each at Troy, Tennessee and Arkansas. Do those count as fumbles lost? I do not think so. The NCAA stats pages show he has zero fumbles, so that means he or someone on the Florida team recovered his fumbles each time. Now, you will have Tebow-haters say that SEC officials are in some conspiracy to cover up his bad stats for his Heisman run, but the truth is that those haters do not know the rules for statistics and fumbles.

In short, the answer is zero fumbles lost, but he has fumbled the ball at least three times that were recovered. (Or, there is a vast conspiracy to omit those statistics from the leading Heisman candidate. Yeah, right.)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I agree, but those are the official stats. I refuse to believe there is a conspiracy to protect Tebow's stats, so the stats need to be corrected, or our perception of who fumbled needs to be amended.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
331q03p.jpg

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
.........how many fumbles Tebow has this year? ........

FUMBLES

arkansas game
Tebow, T. 2-2;
Rainey, C. 1-1;
Hernandez, A. 1-1

lsu game
-None

ky game
Brantley, J. 1-1

tennessee game
Tebow, T. 1-1

troy game