• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida Gators hire Jeff Choate as special teams coach

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Will Muschamp has hired current UTEP coach Jeff Choate as his special teams and outside linebackers coach. Choate is a veteran ST, LB, and RB coach that worked with Brent Pease at Boise State from 2006 to 2011. Welcome to the Gators, coach!
1022512.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is a more interesting (and a more significant) hire than it might appear at first glance...Among other reasons, just consider what it says about where we are offensively, and where we're going: Once again, we are reminded to consider what these guys were able to accomplish at Boise St, with kids mainly a couple of notches down (in terms of size, speed and top-end freaky skills) as compared to what elite SEC teams like us can get. We'll begin to see what that really means this season, the coming O nicely offsetting a growth period in what will eventually be an even BETTER DEfense than last year's by season's end...and by NEXT season we will be a friggin' DREADNOUGHT on BOTH sides-of-the-ball. I've heard some discussion, read it on other sites too, that we have an opportunity that may be missed in a schedule THIS time that, though "somewhat difficult" by other league's standards, will infact be EASIER than the 2014 one for us--But I truly believe that by NNEXT year that won't matter...We'll by then be one of those rare teams that only loses when it beats itself--and Chomp ain't gonna let that happen with all that talent and the bit in his teeth!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
We have been saying "wait until next year" for a couple years now. Now is the time. Again, I am not like some other Gator fans that demand an SEC or national championship, but I am saying that I demand that the team is fun to watch. A good example is the aTM Aggies of last year. Even when they lost two games last year they looked good, fun, and exciting in the losses. It was fun to watch. Then you have the Gators. Even the wins were not entertaining.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema