• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida Gators 2023 Recruiting Class

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
RB room filling out.
Also added a QB recruit--a supposed "2-star" named Gile that none of the usual sites have data on (I know E-- mentioned his relatively quiet commitment a day or two back, but it took me this long to track down what I could about him, and share it here)...He's out of a small Christian academy, where he dazzled when he played, usually out by halftime after piling up monstrous stats and points (mostly on long passes) in the first half.
I did manage to find and watch his somewhat limited "2022 highlight reel", and from what I saw has a live arm--long and accurate...I guess we take what we can get, at this point; small school, rekatively "low-profile" league...Billy must see something there. But we needed another kid at QB, and there seems to be raw talent there, at the very least.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
RB room filling out.
Also added a QB recruit--a supposed "2-star" named Gile that none of the usual sites have data on (I know E-- mentioned his relatively quiet commitment a day or two back, but it took me this long to track down what I could about him, and share it here)...He's out of a small Christian academy, where he dazzled when he played, usually out by halftime after piling up monstrous stats and points (mostly on long passes) in the first half.
I did manage to find and watch his somewhat limited "2022 highlight reel", and from what I saw has a live arm--long and accurate...I guess we take what we can get, at this point; small school, rekatively "low-profile" league...Billy must see something there. But we needed another kid at QB, and there seems to be raw talent there, at the very least.
The commitments with less fanfare are walk-ons. Napier stated a while back that he intends to have 50 walk-ons at all times. He grew that number from a dozen under Mullen to nearly 30. The walk-ons are important, because they help with practice, some have stepped up on the field (including the kicker), and in many cases this is how we bring in Legacy athletes (sons of former Gators).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The commitments with less fanfare are walk-ons. Napier stated a while back that he intends to have 50 walk-ons at all times. He grew that number from a dozen under Mullen to nearly 30. The walk-ons are important, because they help with practice, some have stepped up on the field (including the kicker), and in many cases this is how we bring in Legacy athletes (sons of former Gators).
Interesting points--especially that last (about "legacy athletes"...I frankly hadn't considered that).

Escambia94

RB room filling out.
I watched an interview with Jordan Gile. Gile's father was a QB coach who has worked with current and former Gator QBs Jack Miller and Malik Zaire.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I watched an interview with Jordan Gile. Gile's father was a QB coach who has worked with current and former Gator QBs Jack Miller and Malik Zaire.
"Dad's a coach" always a good reference for an incoming recruit!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Did y'all see recent Gator Breakdown where they did a comparison of Mullen's vs. Napier's first respective seasons as Coach--and though the circumstances surrounding each one's tenure they grant are completely different, still it cannot be denied that in the final analysis the relative similarity in ultimate quality and actual "practical outcome".
All in all, a fairly disappointing, even depressing result, don't you think?
(Here's hoping this is merely a shallow "statistical anomaly", where a deeper analysis of the details, and their actual practical implications, results in a more hopeful outcome.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
By the way, though we're ALL glad to be moving on well PAST the whole Rashada mess, subsequent details now surfacing are somewhat interesting.
His now settling for a comparatively somewhat leaner deal with a much lower profile program (ASU) in a somewhat less visible conference, now turns out to be the apparent result of greedy, ill-advised grasping on the part of "those around him"...
Now, it is still unclear as to whom exactly are referred to in these dawning revelations--family, agents, lawyers, etc--but is seems it was driven by THEIR desire for a maximum cut of a theoretical bigger pie.
My reaction is, well, granted, he is just a kid--but at a certain point, "If you really wanted to be a Gator, perhaps you should have simply stood UP for yourself, Jaden." And no matter WHAT Billy had to say about his resoect and admiration for the Rashada family, they sure as HELL did not appear to protect nor well-advise their son here.
Looking more and more like they got what they deserved--and WE paid a price for trusting them, taking folks at their word and honor.
Unless and until NIL (especially as it is controlled in Florida) is properly and practically organized, thus won't be the last time confusion and miscommunication messes with a kid's (and a program's) future.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
More and more, I have a growing confidence in our program's growth in the 2024 season.
Here is my thinking:
I believe in Billy Napier.
Coach has been working hard at steady team-building since our season's end; he has accomplished much according to his own standards, and he is not finished.
Given all of that, a strong staff itself having continued to grow and improve, AND all spring snd summer ahead to round into form, I am already starting to sense enormous potential for positive change in the months ahead.
Granted, our 2024 schedule is rated by many to be among the toughest in college football--that
will make it difficult, an enormous challenge to be sure, but also an enormous OPPORTUNITY.
No matter what, an opportunity for the Gator-team-to-come to be "forged in fire".
Not a Championship program yet, but perhaps well on its WAY by season's end.

Escambia94

For posterity: the 2023 visitor list vs successfully signed recruits:
Here are the high choice prospects to follow:

• Francis Mauigoa IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL) OT 6-5 / 330 0.9954 - Miami
  • Duce Robinson Pinnacle (Phoenix, AZ) TE 6-6 / 225 0.9902
  • Samson Okunlola Thayer Academy (Braintree, MA) OT 6-5 / 305 0.9887 - Miami
  • Justice Haynes Buford (Buford, GA) RB 5-11 200 0.9884 - Georgia
  • Samuel M'Pemba IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL) EDGE 6-3.5 / 240 0.9864 - Georgia
  • Johntay Cook II DeSoto (DeSoto, TX) WR 6-0 / 170 0.9839
  • Troy Bowles Jesuit (Tampa, FL) LB 6-1 / 205 0.9797
  • Jaden Rashada Pittsburg (Pittsburg, CA) QB 6-4 / 185 0.9796 - Arizona State
  • Damon Wilson Venice (Venice, FL) EDGE 6-4 / 230 0.9783
  • Monroe Freeling Oceanside Collegiate Academy (Mount Pleasant, SC) OT 6-7 / 283 0.9699 - Georgia
  • Kelby Collins Gardendale (Gardendale, AL) DL 6-5 / 280 0.9685
  • Raylen Wilson Lincoln (Tallahassee, FL) LB 6-2 / 213 0.9645 -- Michigan--> Georgia
  • Keldric Faulk Highland Home (Highland Home, AL) DL 6-5 / 240 0.9604
  • John Walker Osceola (Kissimmee, FL) DL 6-3 / 310 0.9537 - UCF
  • Lucas Simmons Clearwater Academy International (Clearwater, FL) OT 6-7 / 300 0.9504 - FSU
  • Zavion Hardy Tattnall Square Academy (Macon, GA) DL 6-5 / 262 0.9480 - JUCO (South Carolina)
  • Aidan Mizell Boone (Orlando, FL) WR 6-2 / 180 0.9471
  • Will Norman IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL) DL 6-5 / 290 0.9468
  • Raul Aguirre Whitewater (Fayetteville, GA) LB 6-2 / 220 0.9454 - Miami
  • Roderick Kearney Orange Park (Orange Park, FL) IOL 6-4 / 300 0.9425
  • Eugene Wilson III Gaither (Tampa, FL) ATH 5-11 / 165 0.9365
  • Tyler Williams Lakeland (Lakeland, FL) WR 6-3 / 180 0.9354
  • T.J. Searcy Upson-Lee (Thomaston, GA) DL 6-5 / 250 0.9344
  • Xzavier McLeod Camden (Camden, SC) DL 6-4 / 324 0.9323 - South Carolina
  • Sharif Denson Bartram Trail (Jacksonville, FL) CB 5-11.5 / 170 0.9204
  • Jordan Castell West Orange (Winter Garden, FL) S 6-2 / 195 0.9187
  • Grayson Howard Andrew Jackson (Jacksonville, FL) LB 6-3 / 223 0.9119 - South Carolina
  • Ja'Keem Jackson Osceola (Kissimmee, FL) CB 6-1 / 180 0.9117
  • Kamran James Olympia (Orlando, FL) DL 6-6.5 / 265 0.9115
  • Gavin Hill F. W. Buchholz (Gainesville, FL) DL 6-3 / 255 0.9108
  • Kayden McDonald North Gwinnett (Suwanee, GA) DL 6-3 / 310 0.9045 - Ohio St
  • Andy Jean Northwestern (Miami, FL) WR 6-1 / 180 0.9037
  • Knijeah Harris IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL) IOL 6-3 / 335 0.8916
  • Tommy Knisler IV Trinity Catholic (Ocala, FL) IOL 6-6 330 0.8825 - Miami
  • Justin Jefferson Pearl River C.C. (Poplarville, MS) LB 6-1 / 215 0.9208 - Alabama
  • Sean Thompkins Newton (Covington, VA) IOL 6-4 331 0.8790 Baylor
  • Quincy Ivory (Alief, TX) EDGE 6-5 255 East LA College 0.8739

Top Targets

• Cormani McClain Lakeland (Lakeland, FL) CB 6-1.5 / 165 0.9992 - Colorado
  • Keon Keeley Berkeley Prep (Tampa, FL) EDGE 6-6 / 242 0.9955 - Notre Dame
  • Tony Mitchell Thompson (Alabaster, AL) CB 6-2 / 180 0.9903
  • Richard Young Lehigh Senior (Lehigh Acres, FL) RB 5-11 / 200 0.9874
  • Joenel Aguero St. John's Prep (Danvers, MA) S 6-0 / 195 0.9840 - Georgia
  • Cedric Baxter Jr. Edgewater (Orlando, FL) RB 6-1 / 215 0.9791
  • Malik Bryant Jones (Orlando, FL) LB 6-2 / 235 0.9778 - Miami
  • Derrick LeBlanc Osceola (Kissimmee, FL) DL 6-4 / 270 0.9634 - Oklahoma
  • Jordan Hall Westside (Jacksonville, FL) DL 6-4.5 / 300 0.9337 - Michigan State
  • Treyaun Webb Trinity Christian Academy (Jacksonville, FL) RB 6-1 / 205 0.9324
  • Payton Kirkland Dr. Phillips (Orlando, FL) OT 6-6 / 345 0.9100 - Texas

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema