• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida Gameday: HERE WE GO

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I was never big on Jacoby and think maybe the best all worked out even with the bad season we had last year. The thing that scares me a little is Grier didn't win the backup and I though he was supposed to be the real deal, it's almost like is he another over hyped JD? Hopefully JD will blossom and be great with Roper running the O, if Champ lets him run this offense. But back to Grier I thought he was so good he was going to maybe compete and be in the mix for the starting job.
In truth, I pretty well felt the same way--JD has been ham-strung by both ill-fitting offensive schemes and strategy AND injury, but I thought he was the right choice too. But the way things played out still makes ya think about "what might have been", especially for Brisset himself. Especially after the whole "Cam-thing", right?
Now, I have the same concerns as you now regarding Grier: What's really going on there is what I've been trying to find out... I'm told he's shown all the skills his prep-career promised, but he needed to "fill out" for one thing (a process that reportedly has begun to happen, and promises eventually to make him more of a "physical specimen" rather than the lithe-but-thin, bit gawkiness that has contributed to his slower-than-hoped transition to this level), and even with his getting in here early last spring, they wanna be patient, not bring him along too quick if they can help it. And JD has supposedly looked GREAT, ready willing and able; Grier is definitely still at the top as far as "Future Gator Prime QB Candidate", but Mornigweg is physically fiurther along, has shown a grasp of Roper's system and a competent, dogged consistency and determination. That's what I'm told by on-the-scene observers AND from inside the Athletic Dept., anyway. Still, we've been bitten repeatedly on this score, the "NBT" not measuring up while turns out a "good one" gets away, so we can be excused for wondering/worrying.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
A gator win with offense that looks like out of this world and a Oklahoma State upset would make this a great Saturday!
Totally...As a matter of fact, my girl is a big OSU fan, too (couple of cousins played for them, apparently--she wanted to go there but was SENT to Bryn Mawr, don't-you-know/ladeeda), which is why she's with a bunch of girlfriends at a Cowboy watch-party, whooping it up without me, and why I thought it was safe for her to come over here for the 2nd half. I mean, yeah, there's pic-in-pic on my big screen, I could probably back off and "monitor" a Gator 2nd-half blow-out, while (hopefully) cheering for OSU to bust the Noles' bubble right at the start here, but at this point it's more likely she'd be watching on the (much) smaller bedroom screen. Hey I am a chivalrous gentlemen when it comes to her, but there's a limit--and she already knows that "limit" includes all things Gator.
(Hell, who am I kidding? I may talk big, but she's a sweety and she's hot, so comes to that, it'll prob be ME watching in the bedroom and tapping on my mac. Not that I'm complaining...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
new kickoff time 920, looking like we might get this underway at midnight lol
Just realized you are prob listening to RUF, that's where you're getting your up-to-the-minute info? I am out of the habit of "proper Gator-fan-technique", I guess...serves me right, should be 2nd-nature by now, no matter how many months since end-of "worst season since 1979", no matte how much I've tried to put it out of mind. Hold on, I'm gonna call it up here...

awebbf5

VIP Member
Just realized you are prob listening to RUF, that's where you're getting your up-to-the-minute info? I am out of the habit of "proper Gator-fan-technique", I guess...serves me right, should be 2nd-nature by now, no matter how many months since end-of "worst season since 1979", no matte how much I've tried to put it out of mind. Hold on, I'm gonna call it up here...
actually getting from espn u DRU

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
actually getting from espn u DRU
OK...I switched over to the "Goal Line" channel switching to all the other games--so I don't have to do it...Guess I'll have to get on this manually, grumble grumble...

miltongator

Gator Fan
No talk that I've heard, but not sure how long they'll let it go. Checked the weather and it doesn't look like it's moving a whole lot.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Yeah, Georgia pulling away now...and FSU taking control bigtime...Girlfriend prob bummin', will no doubt call soon.
You really think they'll call it for tonight"? Has there been any talk of that on the air?
It's pouring there, if we do get to play it will be really sloppy I think and we probably aren't going to be able to tell much.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't think Clemson is as good as last year, at least I hope not for our sake.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly...'Course, we play a different brand of defense, in the SEC generally over the ACC, and I gotta believe our D will be scary-good this year. It's all on the offense: If we'rte good, can actually hit the long ball AND run it like we have EVERY tool to do, then we'll see...
But sh*t, this torrential rain is turning The Swamp into an actual SWAMP, and that will likely turn this game into a grind-fest--that's as much of an excuse our Head Coach needs to make it one I'm afraid. No "big breakout" on offense tonight--IF they it: Muschamp's out on the field now, supposedly "inspecting it, seeing if they can get this one in"...
There're the Gators in the tumnnel now: "Looks like they are going to try and get this one in".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK, I'm back...
Geez! My mac was just friggin' HIJACKED by that new online-radio setup...Couldn't just go straight to RUF direct like I always have before, and somehow the way I chose from available list-of-choices just SLOWED ME DOWN here. Had to actually clear and revboot.
Meanwhile, they were in the tunnel, last time I saw, and now they're showing the LSU-Wisconsin game, as I'm sure you're all aware...OK, here we go, like, 2 and 1/2 hours LATE?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema