• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida baseball heads to Super Regionals

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"An unlikely bat rose to the occasion and hit the Gators into the next round of postseason play.

Sophomore Tyler Thompson, who has been stuck at the bottom of the order all year, leads the team with 49 strikeouts and has struggled to provide productive at-bats.

But on Sunday he showed why coach Kevin O’Sullivan has stuck with him through the tough times.

The left fielder became the first Gator in postseason history to drill three homers in a game. He racked up six RBIs along the way to power No. 4 Florida (45-15) past FAU 15-0 and into the NCAA Super Regional. UF outscored opponents 32-5 in the Gainesville Regional."

More: http://www.alligator.org/sports/baseball/article_acf1ffa8-71f7-11df-813d-001cc4c03286.html

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Miami and Texas Tech are at it right now. I like the Gators chances over either of them. That last game against FAU was a statement - you don't want to mess with the Gators.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Miami and Texas Tech are at it right now. I like the Gators chances over either of them. That last game against FAU was a statement - you don't want to mess with the Gators.

We fell short in 2005; I'd love to see us win it all this year. I still remember Tommy Boss and Connor Falkenbach carrying us to the finals that year on the mound; Matt LaPorta was one of our all-time greats (he also was part of the bronze-medal winning Olympic Team USA in 2008).

Winning the Super Regional and heading back to Omaha would be huge for UF baseball right now.

Moe from tampabay.com: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jun/10/uf-focused-getting-cws-not-rivalry-um/sports-colleges-gators/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tbo%2Fgators+%28TBO+%3E+Gators%29&utm_content=Twitter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema