• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fave 5 -Football

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Who are your all time top 5 favorite Gator football players?

Note: This doesn't mean you think they are the best of all time, just your personal faves.

To start off, my Fave 5 are:

1. Chris Leak - Was one of my favorites the day he signed. The fact that most of Gator Nation turned against him towards the end of his career only endeared him to me more.

2. Ciatrick Fason - Knew him personally, and hung out with him a few times while I was at UF. He is a great person, not just a football player. Won some games for us single handed.

3. Tim Tebow - Nothing needs to be said.

4. Reidel Anthony - My favorite player during the Spurrier era. He even made me like the Bucs for a year or two.

5. Jevon Kearse - Edges out RFN and Vernell Brown as my favorite defensive player of all time.

I know my list is awesome, how's yours?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
1. Chris Leak: Honestly I don't think he was fully embrace by Gators until he won the title. Give him credit for winning against LSU and Georgia as a freshman and nearly beating FSU (3-1) and UGA (3-1) every time he played them. Plus dealt with more trumoil than any Gator QB with the expection of Kerwin Bell.

2 (tied). Tim Tebow and Danny Wuerffel: Do I need to explain?

3. Percy Harvin

4. Brandon Spikes

5. Fred Taylor

Two honorable mention: Emmitt Smith and Brad Culpepper (didn't seen them play for the Gators started watching Gators games in the mid 90) but did see them in the NFL making UF proud though Culpepper was overshadow by Sapp.

ShortBus

VIP Member
1. Fred Taylor - When I first started getting into the games and actually watching florida football, the things I saw this guy do with the ball was amazing. The only reason I kinda sorted rooted for the jags on sunday.. now i have no reason to.

2. Ciatrick Fason - He reminded me a lot of Taylor the way he could cut and find holes.

3. Tim Tebow - Probably the best QB to come through Florida

4. Danny Wuerffel - Only behind Tebow cause he doesn't storm through LB's like Tebow

5. Jevon Kearse - The Freak.. Need I say more?

Just missing the top 5 but honorable mentions are definitely Reggie Nelson and Ryan Smith.

#1 Tim Tebow - No need to say anymore.

#2 Percy Harvin - Probably the most explosive player to play at the Swamp.

#3 Fred Taylor - The best running back at Florida behind Emmitt Smith.

#4 Lawerence Wright - Saw him knock out Joey Kent in person loved him ever since.

#5 Dee Webb - I know he was not a big time name but I graduated High School with him.

inthestands

Gator Fan
#1 Tim Tebow
#2 Brandon James - I love Big Plays
#3 Danny Wuerffel
#4 C-4 (Fason)
#5 Matthew Stafford - You have to love a guy who gives you that many gifts... He was one of our most valuable players in the UGA-UF game this year
The Real #5 - Travis McGriff - College footballs little engine that could

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
1. Chris Leak - Was one of my favorites the day he signed. The fact that most of Gator Nation turned against him towards the end of his career only endeared him to me more.

QUOTE]

the true Gator fans did not turn against him!

my list:

1. Danny Wuerffel - I remember I was finally old enough to watch and understand football during the season of the first nat'l championship season. I learned about how Danny was on and off the field, he was my first role model and I wore a #7 jersey in youth football for 6 years because of him.

2. Tim Tebow - Obvious reasoning, much like Danny, his character off the field is great.

3. Lito Sheppard - Can't really explain why I like him so much. Great player, loved his returning skills. My favorite defensive player by a long shot.

4. Steve Spurrier - Great player, even better coach.

5. Ciatrick Fason - Loved to watch him play, loved to say his name lol.

Possibly soon to make the list: Janoris Jenkins, Percy Harvin, Cornelius Ingram, Pouncey twins.

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
Danny Wuerffel
Tim Tebow
Reggie Nelson
Steve Spurrier
Brandon Siler

right now I really like Major Wright!!! :)

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
the true Gator fans did not turn against him!

Maybe not the true fans, but there was a lot of hatred going his way. The Kentucky game when he got booed absolutely made me sick to my stomach. For a brief period of time I was ashamed and embarassed for my fellow Gator fans. I actually resented Tebow for about a split second that night, even though he had nothing to do with the fans' reaction.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Maybe not the true fans, but there was a lot of hatred going his way. The Kentucky game when he got booed absolutely made me sick to my stomach. For a brief period of time I was ashamed and embarassed for my fellow Gator fans. I actually resented Tebow for about a split second that night, even though he had nothing to do with the fans' reaction.

Plus I think he got blamed a lot of for the failings of Zook and maybe hated because he was black quarterback. I don't know who was more hated during their Gator career Leak or Doug Johnson (also wear number 12)? Maybe Brantley should switch number before the 2010 season.

inthestands

Gator Fan
Hey it's the South and there's maybe some fans and alums that are stuck in the 1960's.

Idiots piss me off... seriousy, the race card? Why then, do we love Percy? Why do we love Siler, and almost every other black player on the team. The only reason race is an issue anywhere is because of people like you! I am sick of this "I'm at a disadvantage because I'm black crap", yes in the 70's and 80's black people were at a disadvantage and yes it was WRONG for our country to be that way. But now if you want a job, the worst thing you can be is a White Male. Just go look at the government mandates.

Tigers1996

Gator Fan
1. Tim Tebow- The most decorated player @ Florida.
2. Reggie Nelson- Bone-crunching hits.
3. Danny Wuerffell- The second best quarterback @ Florida.
4. Major Wright- The heir to Reggie Nelson.
5. Steve Spurrier- Built the foundation from which the Florida dynasty started. Also Played @ Florida.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema