• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Early 2009 SEC East Projections

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
With a lot of turnover at Georgia (mostly the loss of Stafford) and new coaches at Tennessee, how do you see the SEC East playing out?

I just don't know how to rank them after Florida.

Florida
South Carolina
Georgia
Tennessee
Kentucky
Vandy

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Depending on their receuiting class, I'm apt to put Kentucky ahead of Tennessee; heck, I'd even put Vandy ahead of them as well should they be returning a number of starters.

Florida definitely #1 based on the fact that we're returning Tim Tebow and the majority of our starters, followed by Georgia. South Carolina's QB situation is unstable, and they lost a couple of key players on their D to early NFL entry which is why I'd put them in the #3 slot.

If Tennessee fans are expecting a miracle from Lane Kiffin right off the bat, they're delusional. Ain't gonna happen. When there are new offensive and defensive schemes coming in with a new coach there's usually a longer transition period - Michigan right now is proof of that - and Tenneseee isn't in that great of shape right now with their player depth. UF had talent on hand when Meyer took over in 2005; it was a matter of coaching these kids up and adapting the schemes to their skillset which worked. Until the Vols can "recruit up", I don't see them as contenders for another few years.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema