• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Dustin Doe's touchdown

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
What did you think of Dustin Doe's interception returned for a touchdown. The ref on the field called it a touchdown, then the review confirmed it.

In all honestly, my eyes told me a different story. I could have sworn the ball was stripped before he crossed the plane. The ball went out of the end zone and it would have been a Miss. State touchback.

What do you think?

JvilleJohnny

it definitely should have been reversed... but hey thats SEC officiating, and yea i bet he did get an earful from coach Strong and UM.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Touchdown or not, he needs to be disciplined for showboatin before crossin the goal line. Maybe he should watch some tape of Dre Bly...

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
He should have known better than to show off like that; it's bad enough that it was a controversial call on the field, but had that not been the case we could have been hit with a 15-yarder for unsportsmanlike conduct.

ShortBus

VIP Member
i don't think it was either, we got another lucky call from the refs, and luckily it wasn't the margin of the game or it'd be even more controversial. how ever. i don't think the replay official saw enough evidence to overturn it. remember it has to be indisputable evidence to overturn it.

also i think it was a make up call for last years game against vandy when percy scored a touchdown by diving over the middle, the ball came out when it hit the ground, but the ball had crossed the plane, in percy's hand.. which means a td. but the refs called it a fumble and let vandy have the ball, even after review. (yeah i know it's a year later, but hey we need a few calls to go our way lately...)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Touchback. Mississippi State ball. We still win. It should have been overturned.

2Bits

Gator Fan
Dustin Doh!

Touchback. No TD.

But it's all in the books now and a call is a call.

Let's hope that Dustin takes that earful to heart.

Go Gators!

shandsgator8

VIP Member
It looked like a fumble before the TD, but I don't think there was indisputable evidence that could come fast enough for the officials. The upholding of the original call on the field was the right thing to do.

Of course, I was kind of hoping it would be ruled a touchback, so Doe could learn a lesson about showboating. UF would have then accepted the MSU illegal shift penalty and it would have been 2nd or 3rd and long from inside their 20.

CinciGator

Gator Fan
I didn't think it was a TD either but thankful it was called that way. I noticed another Gator doing the same thing later in the game (I forget who) but it could have happened again. I guess they didn't learn.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema