• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

dunlap is cleared to play

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I don't care if Dunlap is back. DUI is serious business. If he does play, I hope he is a non-factor in our win. (I'm trying to optimistic, not cocky here.)

i was talking to my dad this morning, he said people are like mad just because we didnt get the national championship and just try to blame everything on it now.. like they dont even care

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
We obviously don't know all the facts, but I don't think he should play either.
Playing college football is a privilege, not a right.

A DUI is not just some minor crime. And I'm sure the many fans that have had someone close to them injured or even killed due to a drunk driver don't think they are trivial either.

Escambia94

i was talking to my dad this morning, he said people are like mad just because we didnt get the national championship and just try to blame everything on it now.. like they dont even care

If we had won the NC, I'd still be mad. In my job, a DUI is a career ender. It's serious business, more serious than football. As a military supervisor, I've had to fetch people arrested for DUI out of jail while I was on leave. I abso-f***ing-lutely hate DUIs! Someone else mentioned losing lives due to DUI. This goes beyond football and championships, at least for me.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
If we had won the NC, I'd still be mad. In my job, a DUI is a career ender. It's serious business, more serious than football. As a military supervisor, I've had to fetch people arrested for DUI out of jail while I was on leave. I abso-f***ing-lutely hate DUIs! Someone else mentioned losing lives due to DUI. This goes beyond football and championships, at least for me.

Absolutely right. DUI's can end a career, they can stop a career from getting started, and they are definitely not minor.

And for anyone out there who say that everyone else in college does it, or that we shouldn't be so hard on him, Dunlap has a full scholarship to one of the best public universities in America both as far as academics and football. Those are privileges, not rights. And forgiving someone does not mean that person is absolved from punishment.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I find it interesting how many of you saying Dunlap shouldn't play don't take into account the rest of the team and seem to think keeping Dunlap from playing is the only way to punish him.

I think ideally, there must be a way to severely punish Dunlap, yet not let that punishment hurt the rest of the team. I refuse to believe that the only way to further punish Dunlap is to keep him from playing in the Sugar Bowl.

Trust me, I'm not a person to taking it easy on DUIs. If I had my way, I would change current DUI laws in such ways, I know most of you would think I was crazy...but that's another discussion for another type of message board...

ShortBus

VIP Member
I find it interesting how many of you saying Dunlap shouldn't play don't take into account the rest of the team and seem to think keeping Dunlap from playing is the only way to punish him.

I think ideally, there must be a way to severely punish Dunlap, yet not let that punishment hurt the rest of the team. I refuse to believe that the only way to further punish Dunlap is to keep him from playing in the Sugar Bowl..

take away his scholarship and slap him with a bill for the past years academic costs?

ShortBus

VIP Member
the way we played against bama i wish they would have not suspended him at all LOL...we needed him for bama

'bout time u got your ass on here. dude my tv mounted on my wall looks sweet. perfect angle for watching tv while laying in bed too. man. now i need 25 feet of coax cable to finish routing my satellite receiver lol

O-town Gator

Gator Fan

I think ideally, there must be a way to severely punish Dunlap, yet not let that punishment hurt the rest of the team. I refuse to believe that the only way to further punish Dunlap is to keep him from playing in the Sugar Bowl.

Agreed; it's not right to let the morale of the team suffer because of one individual doing something stupid; Dunlap needs to learn from his mistakes and move on. Trust me, Dunlap will pay the price for that DUI down the road when it comes to possible employment as well as having the mark on his driving history. Let him play in the bowl game, but if he's considering the NFL, the DUI will raise a red flag from some teams.

Escambia94

Agreed; it's not right to let the morale of the team suffer because of one individual doing something stupid; Dunlap needs to learn from his mistakes and move on. Trust me, Dunlap will pay the price for that DUI down the road when it comes to possible employment as well as having the mark on his driving history. Let him play in the bowl game, but if he's considering the NFL, the DUI will raise a red flag from some teams.

Quoted for truth.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema