• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

DRU & Company....U got what u wanted

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, but WE (the team, the fans, the PROGRAM) may have gotten caught in that relationship's debt/counter-debt, to the detriment of ALL Gator Nation.
If that IS the case, I sure don't appreciate it. Just further development in an impression of Meyer that has grown in my awareness over the past year, one of admiring the man's honor and loyalty, but having real difficulty feeling anything but frustration, disappointment and outright anger at how the effects of these very traits have caused multiplying problems for our program.
I once compared Meyer to the protagonist in a Shakespearian tragedy, where the same traits that make that individual a great man and wise ruler inevitably lead to his betrayal of all he holds dear, and its eventual downfall. In this case, in both the on-field product and the possible health of the program's future, he let us ALL down, the team AND the fans, while trying somehow to "make things right".

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Yeah, but WE (the team, the fans, the PROGRAM) may have gotten caught in that relationship's debt/counter-debt, to the detriment of ALL Gator Nation.
If that IS the case, I sure don't appreciate it. Just further development in an impression of Meyer that has grown in my awareness over the past year, one of admiring the man's honor and loyalty, but having real difficulty feeling anything but frustration, disappointment and outright anger at how the effects of these very traits have caused multiplying problems for our program.
I once compared Meyer to the protagonist in a Shakespearian tragedy, where the same traits that make that individual a great man and wise ruler inevitably lead to his betrayal of all he holds dear, and its eventual downfall. In this case, in both the on-field product and the possible health of the program's future, he let us ALL down, the team AND the fans, while trying somehow to "make things right".

I want to be angry at the guy, but I think he is suffering from more than the pressure cooker of Gator football. He is at his mid-life crisis. His kids are about to leave home, and he watched as one of them went through college and he had never visited her there. It sucks for the Gator Nation, but I think I would betray football fans as well if I had banked $4M a year for the past few years and can con a quarter million a year out of Foley as an advisor.

I agree. He let us down. He let the Gator Nation down. He abandoned us. He single-handedly drove me to drink. (That's why I was laying low after Meyer resigned...I went from only drinking on game days to being drunk and hung over all week...and arguing every stinking day with Gator haters. I also had to lay low on Facebook as everyone and their mother swarmed to me for all things Gator. I must have deleted a thousand crap posts from soon-to-be-deleted Facebook friends.)

His mid-life crisis is now all Gator fans' crisis, but I don't fault the guy. He is younger than most coaches that have won two national championships, and he needs to balance home and work. He is burned out. I've been there (just not on as much pay as him). I want to fault him for taking away play calling duties from Addazio, but then again, I also like that he is loyal to one of two friends that did not abandon him in his time of need.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I want to be angry at the guy, but I think he is suffering from more than the pressure cooker of Gator football. He is at his mid-life crisis. His kids are about to leave home, and he watched as one of them went through college and he had never visited her there. It sucks for the Gator Nation, but I think I would betray football fans as well if I had banked $4M a year for the past few years and can con a quarter million a year out of Foley as an advisor.

I agree. He let us down. He let the Gator Nation down. He abandoned us. He single-handedly drove me to drink. (That's why I was laying low after Meyer resigned...I went from only drinking on game days to being drunk and hung over all week...and arguing every stinking day with Gator haters. I also had to lay low on Facebook as everyone and their mother swarmed to me for all things Gator. I must have deleted a thousand crap posts from soon-to-be-deleted Facebook friends.)END QUOTE]

I'm with you, man. I kid about these things, but the facts are that I've been having to "duck and cover" (or is it "tuck and roll", emotionally speaking?) for weeks now and I'm STILL drinking, more than ever. Then again, I drink more at this time of year anyway--"to absent friends", you know?--or so I tell myself. For any objective "truth" here you'd have to ask the one or two people still around who know me and truly care.
AS for Urban Meyer, now that "the other shoe" has finally "dropped", personally I am relieved that the many open questions have been answered and the major impasse(s) cleared. We've certainly had more than enough time and cause to imagine this reality and get used to the idea. I am not so much angry at this point as ANXIOUS to turn the page and move on. The future is uncertain; now I'm excited to find out what will happen next. That's a big improvement over the sinking feeling of frustrated sadness and dread at our seemingly declining fortunes I felt just weeks ago.
Yeah, I TOO am sick of the "dark rollercoaster". Time to ride "The Wild Gator" once more, don't you think? So go ahead Mr. Foley, buy us that ticket. I got my mom's permission to eat and drink and scream myself sick until it closes, so I'll be right here, camped out at the front of the line, waiting for it to start all over again.

ShortBus

VIP Member
i'm extremely anxious to see who is the next HC of the gators, and to see who he picks for his staff. I'm over hearing about Meyer stepping down. I'm not happy that he did, but I understand WHY he did. SO props to the urb!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema