• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Drew Miller getting a shot

lilChomp

VIP Member
Jaguars starting Center Brad Meester injured his bicep and will miss a lot of time. Backup Dennis Norman will assume the starting role, but the injury to Meester could open up a roster spot for Drew Miller. Miller's been taking snaps at center during training camp and from what I've heard is looking pretty good.

TebowISgod

Gator Fan
Drew Miller brings that blue collar work ethic to the NFL. I hope he can make the team. I always liked him. He started a ton of games, was a team captain and named Offensive Lineman of the week a couple of times.

Gatorboy12

Gator Fan
I went to a few of the Jags open practices and Drew has looked pretty solid, he stayed after the Jags were done with practice and signed autographs (I got his) and I read on Jag Nation that in the last play of one of the practice he shut down one of the Jags top Defensive Ends (Paul Spicer) I will be very shocked if he does not make the team.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I went to a few of the Jags open practices and Drew has looked pretty solid, he stayed after the Jags were done with practice and signed autographs (I got his) and I read on Jag Nation that in the last play of one of the practice he shut down one of the Jags top Defensive Ends (Paul Spicer) I will be very shocked if he does not make the team.

If Earnest Graham could make the Bucs team as a UFA (undrafted free agent), Drew Miller could make the cut with Jacksonville. If he doesn't make the cut, they may find it a wise idea to put him on the practice squad at first.

Gatorboy12

Gator Fan
If Earnest Graham could make the Bucs team as a UFA (undrafted free agent), Drew Miller could make the cut with Jacksonville. If he doesn't make the cut, they may find it a wise idea to put him on the practice squad at first.

I agree at the very least he should make the practice squad. But with Meester getting hurt and Drew's abillity to play Guard and Center should be more than enough for him to make the regular season roster. Also the Jags do not have depth at O-Line.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I like Drew Miller to make the Jags roster. We'll see how well he does during preseason. I'm expecting Meester to be out for awhile, so any injury to backup C Dennis Norman would be devastating to the Jags. The have no other true Center on the team and would have to rely on a long snapper to fill the role. Because of this, I think Miller makes the team.

Gatorboy12

Gator Fan
I agree and they cant even replace Meester/Norman with a long snapper, because Joe Zelenka is our long snapper and he is listed as a TE.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema