• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Don't need to apologize coach for cursing

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Absolutely--I'm GLAD that's how he reacted, as I was frankly supportive (and remain so) of Muschamp's fiery nature and expressiveness. In Pease's case, the only person he MIGHT owe an apology to is his mom, in private...certainly NOT to any of us.

(On another note--and apropos of the mounting concerns we ALL have concerning our game this Sat. in College Station, where in addition to all the shaky indicators we saw out there in the Swamp in Game 1, the injury bug continues to take big bites out of our lineup, as it did last year--as I noted at the time it happened by the way they treated him and positioned his arm as they took him off-field, we lost our only experienced long-snapper to a broken clavicle on that punt-recovery-play late. The job now falls to a freshman: Who else besides me has visions of a return to our "nightmares-in-the-shotgun" of the last couple of seasons? A 1st-start sophomore QB waiting back there, as the freshman misses the count and/or just snaps it way over his head? Maybe we need an "over/under" in Vegas on the number of times that happens on Saturday...
I called it the injury "bug", but maybe I should say "serpent", 'cause we have been SNAKE-bit lately, it seems to me...Depth already thin, further depleted with banged up guys all over the lineup, potential stars and starters like Patchan still not ready to go this year, with lingering injuries healing more slowly than hoped. Coaching, dedicated self-discipline, and determined mutual support among the players themselves, all the things that make a team a TEAM, are the only things that'll carry us through this, keep us getting better and in games with a chance to win 'em while we pull the pieces together and slowly, steadily build towards what we know we can be. Sure, that seems like a bit of a longshot, maybe even a pipedream after what we saw out there last Sat. against a lowly MAC team--but it's the only HOPE we've got for this season, and if things don't improve, and fast , we WILL be starting "all over" soon, and all we hope for may disappear FAR over the horizon.)

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Long snapper or center? Granted you have a right to be worried because either way it will cause trouble rather it's offense or special teams. I'm be more concern if it's the center though with special teams it could be a problem on field goals and punts (remember the 2006 Auburn game?). One mistake could be the difference a win or loss. The sad parts about Mike Pouncey in 2010 he was a senior and his could've had said his twin brother on how to snap a ball. I have they play well otherwise load up of the curse words.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You're right--so far it's "only" a special teams concern...but it just seems snapping problems are a horror-show we're half-expecting on an annual, and now WEEKLY basis, that's all I'm getting at--as it is, you can forget about any fake or option play on 4th down late in the game. Meanwhile, you're assuming our sophomore center holds up: I'm not so sure--that hasn't been the pattern, the way things have gone for us of late, as I was saying. We're down to "move-'em-and-plug-'em-in" on the O-line now, a strength turned question-mark, at least until we get a few of these guys back. Anymore injuries there put us in a real bind, and an injury at center, well, you get the picture. Tell me YOU don't have a private vision of the snap on the winning FG-try rolling crazily around on the ground, or one back to the punter with a late lead sailing over the his head, setting up the opponent and "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory".
Think about how we lost our long snapper, and a promising young special teams player as well, both on the same late play that otherwise went in our favor, the recovery on a muffed-punt. This is what seems to happen with certain otherwise talented teams--the bad breaks just keep on multiplying, somehow, with wider and wider negative consequences. We're at the crossroads, I fear: either we find a way to rise above, to play together, play tough and strong, find ways to keep games close no matter who we're playing and win them at the end, while we slowly heal and find ourselves, or we'll fall apart, become more and more vulnerable and inconsistent--and end up a mediocre, at best a .500 team, after all.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Leakfan12
...you're right--I went back and looked at my first comments after it happened and I DID cloud the issue regarding who was hurt and what that might mean as far as "snapping woes", and a possible return to the last couple of seasons' "ANOTHER snap over someone's head?!!"-routine...I plead frustration AND medicinally-induced confusion (I'm about to have major surgery on my leg in the next couple of days, once the swelling and infection finally goes down, and until then they have me on a cornucopia of exotic prescription drugs to deal with a regular shopping list of medical concerns)--I THINK I knew what I "meant" to say, but what came out was somewhat less precise...my apologies, and hope I (eventually, if clumsily) made my point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema