• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Does anyone at South Carolina scare you?

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
We're the Florida Gators. Our guys shouldn't be scared of anybody; hey, you can't be a pansy and play football for Urban Meyer.

gogators9606

Gator Fan
Only one that scares me is Steve Spurier...... South Carolina is a good ball club. I hope we dont take them lightly... GO GATORS

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Only one that scares me is Steve Spurier...... South Carolina is a good ball club. I hope we dont take them lightly... GO GATORS

I caought Urban Meyer's post-Vandy interview on ESPNU this morning; he was talking about practice and game day preparation for this one. They're aware of South Carolina's variations on defense and have been studying film in addition to their on-field drills during the week. They'll be ready by gameday.

After the Ole Miss loss, we don't take anybody lightly anymore. You snooze, you lose.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
The only type of playmakers the 'Cocks have are on defense. Captain Munnerlyn is a star in the secondary. I'm not too worried about him in the return game, since the Gator's are always on point on special teams. LB Jasper Brinkley is pretty solid for SC as well.

usceast

Gator Fan
The only type of playmakers the 'Cocks have are on defense. Captain Munnerlyn is a star in the secondary. I'm not too worried about him in the return game, since the Gator's are always on point on special teams. LB Jasper Brinkley is pretty solid for SC as well.

those are the two names everyone trots out..you dont get the number 1 defense with 2 guys. let me comment by saying this...i have always looked at our players and compared them to the top teams in our conference..florida is always at the top so i use your team as a measuring stick...i ask myself "who on our team could start for florida"? usually that doesnt take long to answer..its usually one guy from the offense like sidney rice for example..you cant argue that sidney couldnt have started for the gators..on defense its usually one guy like jasper brinkley..he would start for the gators..

we now have much more..i believe we have 7 players that i believe would start for your defense. jasper brinkley, emmanuel cook, darian stewart, captain munnerlyn, eric norwood, cliff mathews and chris culliver.

on offense we have just 2..kenny mckinley and jared cook...that is 9 guys..i honestly never thought that could happen...that is what i truly believe.

GoonSquad

Gator Fan
I don't think anyone should be scared of anyone.

But to answer your question Florida will need to watch out for just about everyone on our defense. Captain, Norwood, Brinkley, Matthews, E Cook, D Stewart, Chris Culliver (will miss first half because we actually follow through with our suspensions even if it is a big game), Ajiboye is good too.

Offense, Jason Barnes, McKinley, Jared Cook, and Weslye Saunders.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
you just have no clue how backwards that statement is. its humorous

Well, I know we can handle your defense. If we play 4 full quarters, I'm sure we're capable of putting 27+ on any defense in the country.

It's a good offense I'm worried about, and I know you guys have a better offense now than you did against UGA and you carved them up with NO RUNNING GAME.

usceast

Gator Fan
Well, I know we can handle your defense. If we play 4 full quarters, I'm sure we're capable of putting 27+ on any defense in the country.

It's a good offense I'm worried about, and I know you guys have a better offense now than you did against UGA and you carved them up with NO RUNNING GAME.

well if that is the case, just crack open your budweiser now..Garcia WILL be a great qb for usc and might even be the best to ever play here..BUT he isnt close to being ready to take the reigns on saturday..he has never had a spring practice and barely got snaps in the fall because of beecher and smelley..he is learning as the weeks progress.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
It would scare me if Wilbur Hackett JR, is in the game.
Rofl_15b.gif

castawaygator

VIP Member
i think the gators should not be afraid of anyone! although there are some players on USC that are better or much better than your average player.
ie captain, brinkley, succup, mckinley
forgive the spelling of their names if i got any wrong.

Captain is probably the best player on their D, i have watched several of their games and he is very impressive!
succup is a great kicker and has been tested and is usually accurate.
garcia is learning but has great potential, unfortunately for usc he is not ready yet, IMO.

given hat usc is suppose to have a great D and a weak O, i think the gators will have their way with them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema