• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Do we need to score 50+

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Do the Gators need to score 50+ points on offense to prove to the nation/media that our offense still has what it takes to win a National Championship?

TeBoWTiMe

Gator Fan
I don't think we need to score 50+, but a lot of people are saying that our offense just isn't right.

But you know what, our offense in 2006 wasn't Top 10 or anything and we all know how that turned out.

A speedy, great tackling, disruptive defense can make up for a less then stellar offense.

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
I think we do need to put up some points this week to show what our offense has to offer. It has been somewhat boring to watch the games the last couple of games as it seems the Gators are a bit confused as to what they want to do. It is my hopes that Meyer is just holding back to let loose on the big games but I would rather they get a little practice getting the big down the field strikes now instead of waiting.

I agree with shandsgator8 that should the Gators run the table then the amount of points scored really does not matter but why take the chance. Besides, I love watching the Gators CRUSH the opponent. :)

GoGators15

Gator Fan
I honestly do think that Coach Meyer is holding back the offense a bit. He knows how tough the defenses we are going to face the rest of the way and in the Miami and Tennessee game, we set the tone and the game was in our hands mid way through the first quarter. I dont think Coach Meyer wanted to show too much when he didnt have to.

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
I agree with your analogy GoGators15 but do we really want to go into the big games not having any reps in live games? I am sure they practice a great deal of plays in practice but seeing it in a real game situation is completely different.

I just hope they open the offense up just a tad so adjustments can be made if necessary before the LSU's, Georgia's, etc. games.

GO GATORS!!!!

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
I agree with your analogy GoGators15 but do we really want to go into the big games not having any reps in live games? I am sure they practice a great deal of plays in practice but seeing it in a real game situation is completely different.

I just hope they open the offense up just a tad so adjustments can be made if necessary before the LSU's, Georgia's, etc. games.

GO GATORS!!!!

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I've seen so much whining about the offense this week around Gator Nation and even some pining for the old Fun-n-Gun offense; sure there are still some Gator fans so jaded that they'd still kneel down and kiss SOS' feet but they don't seem to see the forests for the trees and point fingers at Dan Mullen and others simply because they don't like what they see in spite of the fact that (1) we're still undefeated at this point in time, (2) we're ranked in the top 5 and (3) we've won by large margins.

Just my opinion, but I see a lot of the same things so far this season that I saw back in 2006. Urban Meyer is wise, and as I see it he has his "Plan To Win" well orchestrated. This offense is capable of being explosive and even more high-scoring that we've seen so far, but only he knows when it'll be the right time to let the cat out of the bag.

When all was said and done back in 2006, we were in the right place at the right time - meaning that when it really mattered our final ranking after the SECCG got us to the NC. That, and kindness of UCLA giving us a little help by beating USC. What really matters is that we WIN, keep winning to maintain our ranking, get to Atlanta and then put the final icing on the cake.

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!

JohnnyBGood

VIP Member
After watching our offense through the first 3 quarters of the Ole Miss game, I'm not sure our offense will put up 40+ in any game the rest of the season.

This offense is HORRIBLE!

awebbf5

VIP Member
After watching our offense through the first 3 quarters of the Ole Miss game, I'm not sure our offense will put up 40+ in any game the rest of the season.

This offense is HORRIBLE!

i totally agree,we keep this up we wont score more than 40 on the citadel,today the passing attack was good during the last quarter maybe we need to do more passing,murphy needs to catch the damn ball though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema