• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Did anyone else freak out?

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
Go GAtorS! What a freaky game! Of course, I never lost faith in our boys ~:wacko:~ but I WAS a little nervous a couple times. My son nearly had an anxiety attack! My pastor & his wife came over and I couldn't even talk to them, when they'd try to talk, I'd pretend I didn't hear them ( I let my husband be the polite one ! :))

What a game, what a great Gator team. I know a lot of mistakes, lot of things we probably didn't like, but I am so proud of our boys !!!!!

Go Gators!
Go SEC Champions!

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I was a little annoyed and anxious, but I never freaked out.

I knew our defense would hold, and all Tebow had to do was make a few passes and we'd be fine. When Alabama had that huge surge in the 3rd quarter, I was a bit annoyed that we went 3 and out both times b/c Tebow missed the two WRs, but when I saw our defense hold up Alabama, I knew we'd be ok. I just wanted some breathing room, which we ended up getting.

I was very impressed with us not turning the ball over, despite great special teams coverage and defensive hits by Alabama.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I freaked out a bit. I knew that Alabama would play us hard, and they did. Bama actually played pretty well, just not good enough to beat the mighty Gators.

Now, let's hope the BCS computer does not screw us over.

GRITS523

Gator Fan
hehe, I was biting my nails down to the skin! But what a great and exciting game! I think I scared my lil sister cause I screamed so loud and jumped up and down whenever we scored or made a good play. :D

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I did, I yelled at the TV at times. I thought the offense would ran over Bama's D (I was wrong). The Gators' D well held at times. Also the first Tebow comeback.

GatorGal15

VIP Member
I was nervous coming into this game. I yelled at the TV a couple of times, and kinda felt defeated a couple of times. But, The Gators pulled it out and won!

My voice is shot. Between "long distance coaching" the game and numerous phone calls since the game ended (we turn off our land line during games) it has been quite the day. Monday, when I reappear at work there is a 'bama fan I owe some comments to.

Good game but Meyer's playbook owned Saban's.

ShortBus

VIP Member
My voice is shot. Between "long distance coaching" the game and numerous phone calls since the game ended (we turn off our land line during games) it has been quite the day. Monday, when I reappear at work there is a 'bama fan I owe some comments to.

Good game but Meyer's playbook owned Saban's.

lol my voice is shot too from screaming at the TV... I was getting so pissed off at the D.. I'm glad they came through in the 4th, when bama thought they'd be able to walk all over us by 'grinding it out' so much for that game plan.

Now on to the biggest prize in college football.. the crystal football.

itsgreattobeafloridagator.gif

I was on "edge" all week and during the game my son and I were stressing we didn't "feel comfortable till the last touchdown. All in all I thought it was a real good game & it showed that the Mighty Gators are just that !!!!

GOOO GATORS !!!!

flgatorgirl

VIP Member
I was on the edge of my seat that whole game. I held my breath on that last touchdown, too. My stepbrother texted me all day Friday saying, "Florida's not gonna win. Bama's the #1 team." blah blah blah. So I texted him all last night and didn't get any answer back. I guess he was too busy licking his wounds.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I was on the edge of my seat that whole game. I held my breath on that last touchdown, too. My stepbrother texted me all day Friday saying, "Florida's not gonna win. Bama's the #1 team." blah blah blah. So I texted him all last night and didn't get any answer back. I guess he was too busy licking his wounds.

Or eating crow.

Any Florida or Alabama "fan" that said before the game one team would absolutely dominate the other, the other team doesn't have a chance, blah blah blah, obviously doesn't know college football.

I like realistic fans...no wonder I like Gator Envy.

SWAMPTHING08

Gator Fan
I was a little nervous everytime alabama scored and then we started to score and then i wasnt worried cause i knew are defense could stop bamas offense.

Gator Duck

Gator Fan
I was definitely nervous this week primarily because of our injuries. It expected it to be a close, hard-hitting game but was confident that we could win for a few reasons:

• We lost to 'Ol Miss by one point in a game where we made a lot of mistakes
  • Bama beat 'Ol Miss --- barely
  • We blew out several teams 'Bama did not blow out
  • We have cut penalties and turnovers way back
  • Our defense
  • Tebow

The San Francisco Bay Area has 3 official Swamps. I know that two of them were jam packed and so full of noise and energy that you couldn't hear yourself think. My voice is shot. The Swamp I attended had about 150 Gators. There were only a handful of open seats by 3:30 Eastern. It was standing room only and it took a good 5 minutes to make it through the crowd to either the bar or restroom. For sure, the fire marshall would not have been pleased.

It was truly one of the greatest Gator wins of all time. Hat's off to "Bama. They played a very tough game. I was particularly impressed with the way both sides kept adjusting strategies.

This was the first time that Tebow has orchestrated a 4th quarter comeback to win the game. He made it happen.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I had a feeling this was going to be a tough game, and indeed it was. I was a little nervous when we lost the lead, but we did rally back and saved the best for last with a strong 4th quarter - our game strategy worked.

The course of the game went exactly how I thought it would be - instead of those RUTS games in the early weeks, we took Bama "to the street" and slugged it out to the very end.

Damn, I'm proud of these kids. They have the heart and passion to go al lthe way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema