• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Derrick Harvey is pissing Del Rio off

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Derrick Harvey isn't making any friends in Jaguars camp. You know why? Because he hasn't signed yet and continues to hold out for a monster deal. Jack Del Rio is missed at Harvey's outrageous demands.

While Harvey is being greedy at home on his butt, Auburn stud Quinten Groves is kicking ass for the Jags and getting a ton of reps.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
thats def not a smart move, he should be fighting for the starting job and showing off his skills, let the big contract come in about 1-3 years

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Quentin Groves said he recently spoke with fellow Jaguars rookie defensive end Derrick Harvey, who on Thursday entered Day 6 of what could be a protracted holdout over his contract.

Groves' advice was "to take his time and do what he feels will be right for him."

"He said they're getting close, and he really wants to be out here with us," Groves said. "I asked him if he was in his playbook, and he said that he was putting chairs up and walking through the chairs. He's doing pretty well right now. We're looking forward to getting him out here, and we're looking for big things out of him."

One of just two holdouts remaining from this year's draft class, Harvey drew the ire of Jack Del Rio on Wednesday, with the Jaguars' coach voicing frustration about the status of negotiations between the defensive end's representatives and the team.

Harvey's agents are believed to be seeking about $18 million in guaranteed money.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Harvey is the last remaining 1st round pick who hasn't signed. The Jags play tomorrow so he's already missing valuable playing time.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Jags increased their offer a day or two ago and Harvey STILL rejected it!!!!!

He's pissing me off.

J-ville Gator

VIP Member
If it's Harvey doing this (holding out), he is making a very stupid decision. If it's his agent, Harvey is making a very stupid decision. The fault lies squarely on Harvey.

ilovegators

VIP Member
I've heard he's getting a lot of pressure from his family members. I guess he has a lot of extended family that are relying on him for support.

lilChomp

VIP Member
I guess they're off on the contract escalators. The contract says Harvey needs to play 70% of the snaps in order to reach some escalators. The Harvey camp thinks 70% is way too high.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Harvey inked this morning. The deal is worth $33.4 million and includes $17.177 million guaranteed, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Jags play tomorrow, but don't expect him to be on the field.

flgatorgirl

VIP Member
I would've been doing flips in the living room if someone offered me $16 million (I think that's what I heard they offered him. Correct me if I'm wrong.). That made him sound very greedy.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Harvey inked this morning. The deal is worth $33.4 million and includes $17.177 million guaranteed, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Jags play tomorrow, but don't expect him to be on the field.

JaMarcus Russell did the same thing in Oakland, and he didn't see any on-field playing tine until near the end of the season.

GatorGal15

VIP Member
glad the hold out is finally over. 33 days is a long time. I remember last year, Brady Quinn went about 20 days.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema