• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Danny W vs. Timmy T

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Who had the better Heisman year? Danny or Timmy?

During his Heisman-winning season of 1996, Danny completed 207 of 360 passes for 3,625 yards (an SEC record at the time) for 39 TDs (leading the nation and tops in SEC history) and his efficiency rating of 170.6 made him the first QB to ever post a rating of 170 or better in back-to-back years. Not to mention and SEC and National Championship.

I think we're all familiar with Tebow's stats this past season. 217 of 317 passing for 3132 yards and 29 passing touchdowns. But also 194 rushing attempts for 838 yards and 22 touchdowns. No SEC title though.

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
Such a hard question! I was a senior when Danny was (about 6 years older than him), when we won our 1st National Championship, and now I'm much older than Timmy...
but they're both cute! We'll just have to see how Timmy ages...
HAHAHAHAHA:bananajump:

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
Wow, tough call. As people you can't beat either of them. Danny was my role model growing up and Timmy is about as good of a role model as any parent these days could ask for their kids.

Just comparing this one season to Danny's Heisman season, I'm going to have to go with Timmy. His stats are just ridiculous. But that is looking at them as individuals. Danny would get the edge in another sense because his team was obviously better. Plus Danny gets a major career edge as of right now with the 4 SEC titles and all. But, Timmy could still put up some ridiculous numbers in the next 2 years and make that a tough decision as well.

preachinGator

VIP Member
Since stats do NOT lie one would have to choose Tim. However, when it comes to throwing the ball. Danny had the golden touch. Man, what a pretty spiral. Tim's balls are still a little wobbly.

LOL, after I typed that I realized how it sounded but it is what I meant to type without the innuendo.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Tebow. Hands down. Not in terms of wins or a National Title, but a better SEASON, it was Timmy.:Banana:

Definitely Danny. Gimme an SEC and National Championship over Tebow's season of ridiculous numbers any day. I want my commemorative Championship memorabilia. I'm already suffering from withdrawal :)

djg8tr22

VIP Member
Well the question doesnt ask about the team. Tim did all he could for the team this yr. Thats like saying ssince Chris Leak won the NC last yr he had a better season then Tebow?? No. Our D is the thing that let up on us this yr. Last yr 30 or more points wins the UGA game. And without the Moore fumble in the LSU game we win tht. That wasnt Tebows fault. the only suspect game all yr for Tebow was Auburn where as a unit he led us to only 17 points but heck tht still beat SC last yr. So TEBOW baby

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema