• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

DAMN! We're HERE!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, close enough that we can TASTE it, right?
Don't know 'bout y'all, but this lead-up summertime wait seemed extra slow'n'painful this year--'specially with all the injuries (not that there were more, maybe, but they were weirder, and kept on comin', AGAIN) and outright STRANGENESS (I don't know HOW to describe things like Meyer's rat-job, etc, let alone the whole Hernandez fiasco--not to mention MEYER's name now worming its way INTO THAT ONE, on top of everything else, and ALL of it somehow splashing back on us and our program, at least in the way the media has covered it). ENOUGH!
And by now maybe it will be--all the obsessive under-the-magnifying glass crap is swept away as the excitement of REAL GAMES finally descends upon us.
I won't be able to give that much real-time attention to this Thurs.' games (there are some good ones there, tho'), but frankly, just having a descent game (Hell, ANY Gator game!) comin' up in The Swamp on Saturday has me as "up" as I've been all summer. I mean, for one thing, with everything (the latest being losing a DL in "a fall down the stairs going to class"), don't ya feel we need to get this team on-the-field and IN A GAME, sooner the better?!!
It's more than that, of course: It is clearly TIME TO SET IT UP, get this season underway, see what we've got and what we can be--which seems, respectively, "quite a bit", and "pretty damn far, with some luck and healing", and provided the guys we'll START the season with can get us to October undefeated. Meanwhile, there'll be a number of HIGHLY talented players returning to the lineup, hopefully snapping into place recovery-by-recovery to make this an evolving, ever-stronger team on BOTH sides of the ball just in time for the real "meat" of our season. Not surprisingly, the range of possibilities for 2013 seems to be from "a bit of a disappointment" to "SEC-Champions playing for MORE".
Never mind Vegas OR "the media": What do my fellow Gators, specifically the cream of intelligent, knowledgeable and articulate fans here at GE, think is at hand here the next 14 weeks or so?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I have no idea what to expect. Last year I predicted 8-10 wins, and we did better than that. The first half of the season it was fun again, and then it became frustrating watching the Gators skate by. This year I think it will be more exciting.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
So happy that today is go time! Looking forward to that Carolina game today...
yea me too, I can't believe so many people are actually giving UNC a chance. I despise the program since I have been stationed in North Carolina for over 7 years. Nobody even cares much about football like we do in Florida. So the closest I get to trash talk is Tarheel/Wolfpack/Duke fans who try talking basketball to counter anything positive I try to say or brag with the Gators. Frustrating.

Either way, I have all of my game day Gator stuff on stand-by. Saturday I'll mount the flag back to the side of my house where it will remain for the season. I really hope this year our Offense steps up and produces points while mitigating errors. Defense will be great again and I'm excited to see new names replacing the ones we lost in a good way.

totenkopf13

Gator Fan
Ah, almost there. What a crappy offseason we endured. I'm ready to get this season going.

I agree the second half of last season was frustrating. They were not very good for 12-2.

Flag is going out this weekend through December, at least, I hope so. I hope it stays up into January.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
I am not predicting anything this year. All I want is a good solid season!!!!
I think we are in for a great season, too many reasons to NOT think so other than "last year". We have probably the best defensive front 4 in the nation. Even with Green out, there are plenty of talent on Defense to be just as good as last year. Our running back position is overloaded with potential go-to guys with Brown, Jones, Herndon, Taylor. If Jeff Driskel has developed well and can move the ball in the air then we will go to Atlanta, no reason we shouldn't.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
People are giving UNC a chance? Only if Clowney somehow misses the game.

well Fedora's track record for 2nd year supports the fact that they will be a formidable opponent. But yes, seen nothing but ESPN praising Clowney but have UNC also putting up a fight.

now throw in the @ Georgia game South Carolina has next weekend and you have the making for an upset. it's easy to see how they could overlook a rebuilt Tarheel team with national title implications possibly hanging on their next game.

awebbf5

VIP Member
I will miss the first part of the game Saturday, son has a football game. But can't wait to get home and watch it recorded. Plus I may finally get my wish, as most of you long time members know I'm a huge Mack brown fan,and I've been begging for a sighting of his for years.dru I expect you to be letting me know how everyone looks on the gameday thread Saturday.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The Good News:
NO ONE is picking us.
I mean it...This is a year we can sneak into the 2nd third of the season truly "under the radar", just about the time we're starting to really gel AND getting some of the early-injured and walking-wounded back into the regular rotation. Meanwhile, even WITH all the off-/pre-season injuries, this is a squad that has quietly built MAD-depth.
We make it to mid-Oct. undefeated, with JD coming into his own and a trio of receivers on offense (I think we can count on this D starting strong and just coming ON), well, you don't think Pease secretly harbors dark dreams of layin' some 6-plus TD games on the rest of the SEC?
(OK: The above is a decidedly hopeful, optimistic view of what-could-be in '13--But point is, it ain't impossible, not at all, and the fact that no one is doing much more than patting us on the head and almost condescendingly crediting us with being "strong", as they quickly move on to hyping all the teams outside the SEC that "might unseat the Tide"--and the only teams in the SEC that are given any shot at this are East teams Georgia and South Carolina--is actually a GOOD thing for a team as young as ours...Instead of reading their clippings, these Gators have every reason to "show the world"--and begin to build a giant chip on their shoulders, as the weeks go by.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I DON'T BELIEVE THIS! (Actually, the problem is, I DO...):
It is being circulated on Twitter, and now reported on "Dr. Saturday", that Purifoy, Darious Cummings and Latroy Pittman are all being suspended for the first game of the season tomorrow. No news yet on the supposed reasons behind this apparent disciplinary move on Muschamp's part.
Hope it makes its point without contributing to an embarrassing loss that pretty well "sinks us in the harbor".

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I DON'T BELIEVE THIS! (Actually, the problem is, I DO...):
It is being circulated on Twitter, and now reported on "Dr. Saturday", that Purifoy, Darious Cummings and Latroy Pittman are all being suspended for the first game of the season tomorrow. No news yet on the supposed reasons behind this apparent disciplinary move on Muschamp's part.
Hope it makes its point without contributing to an embarrassing loss that pretty well "sinks us in the harbor".

Yes, it is true. Coach Muschamp suspended five Gators for the season opener, in addition to the existing suspension of Morrison. Yikes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema