• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

congratulations gators

well, you guys were right. gators brought defense. tebow brought........whatever it is he brings. as a sooner fan im really sick and tired of getting there and losing. i dont know whats worse, the 90's when I knew OU wasnt winning anything, nor had a chance. Or now when Ou gets there consistently but always chokes.

I dont know, im not one for "hey at least we got there". Anyway, congratulations. Enjoy your national championship. You guys kicked OUr ass.

well, you guys were right. gators brought defense. tebow brought........whatever it is he brings. as a sooner fan im really sick and tired of getting there and losing. i dont know whats worse, the 90's when I knew OU wasnt winning anything, nor had a chance. Or now when Ou gets there consistently but always chokes.

I dont know, im not one for "hey at least we got there". Anyway, congratulations. Enjoy your national championship. You guys kicked OUr ass.

Thats mighty nice of you and very respectful!

Welcome. I'm a die hard Sooner, but not a dumbs*** Sooner. Unfortunately there are many of the latter. There are no excuses for us. We didnt make plays when we needed them. And couldnt stop florida when we needed too.

actually i thought D played like I expected. gave up 24 points? thats bout what we've given up all year. its the offense that didnt come to play. 2 times inside the 10 and we come away with 0 points. Not gonna win if you dont score.

Welcome. I'm a die hard Sooner, but not a dumbs*** Sooner. Unfortunately there are many of the latter. There are no excuses for us. We didnt make plays when we needed them. And couldnt stop florida when we needed too.

actually i thought D played like I expected. gave up 24 points? thats bout what we've given up all year. its the offense that didnt come to play. 2 times inside the 10 and we come away with 0 points. Not gonna win if you dont score.

I don't mean to sound rude because you been respectful but the way I see it...OU in the red zone didn't give us anything we took it from them...What I mean by that is our defense showed their true colors and showed what we knew they could!

inthestands

Gator Fan
jeronimosooner, you are a classy fan, as have most of the sooner fans on this site are. You guys had a great year and you have a great coach and have nothing to hang your heads about, nor do your players and coaches. You guys are a part of a classy program and you are welcome here on this site as far as I'm concerned... not that my opinion matters.

castawaygator

VIP Member

thanks, but and sorry for your heart ache from the OU loss.

BUT... for you to wonder if it was better when OU was not expected to win vs winning everything but the final Bowls makes me think your are F'ing nuts!!! dont you realize how lucky and respected the OU program is across the nation??? not only that having gone to a bowl game regularly is wonderful for the players. look at Ole Miss, Nutt asked his players how many have EVER played in a bowl. the answer NONE.
be Happy for the consistent success Stoops has brought to OU.
OU is within a few PLAYS, of winning a major bowl if not an NC. most teams are several games away from this status.

Gator Duck

Gator Fan
Absolutely! Geronimosooner, it was an honor to play you guys in a game that is one of the best ever. Both teams were constantly changing strategies on that field. It was a full contact chess match.

I don't mean to sound rude because you been respectful but the way I see it...OU in the red zone didn't give us anything we took it from them...What I mean by that is our defense showed their true colors and showed what we knew they could!

I wasnt saying OU "gave" away anything. I said they didnt make plays in the red zone. OU's offense didnt make plays in the red zone. Florida's defense did make the plays. I wasnt happy with the way offense was ran in those series inside the 10. OU didnt even try to play action pass to an unsuspecting player like Matt Clapp (fullback) or Brody Eldridge (other TE). And we've used them consistently all year near the goal line.

those plays may not have worked either, but i like its chances versus quick snap run off tackle every time. Trust me I'm not mistaken. Florida beat Oklahoma. Oklahoma didnt beat themselves this time. I do believe if they had done some different things at crucial parts of the game, like maybe kick a field goal on 4th and goal, maybe it would've played out different. Who knows. I'm not a big fan of what ifs, cause theres nothing anyone can do about it.

I wasnt saying OU "gave" away anything. I said they didnt make plays in the red zone. OU's offense didnt make plays in the red zone. Florida's defense did make the plays. I wasnt happy with the way offense was ran in those series inside the 10. OU didnt even try to play action pass to an unsuspecting player like Matt Clapp (fullback) or Brody Eldridge (other TE). And we've used them consistently all year near the goal line.

those plays may not have worked either, but i like its chances versus quick snap run off tackle every time. Trust me I'm not mistaken. Florida beat Oklahoma. Oklahoma didnt beat themselves this time. I do believe if they had done some different things at crucial parts of the game, like maybe kick a field goal on 4th and goal, maybe it would've played out different. Who knows. I'm not a big fan of what ifs, cause theres nothing anyone can do about it.

No i didnt mean you said that but man people have been saying that

hell, I could've told you that was going to happen. I've told you before about the retarded OU fans. Yeah, those are the ones who make excuses after excuses. And will do so for a while. I just ask that other fans do not associate all OU fans in the same group. There are so many better sooner fans that understand and admit when our team gets beat. We know when we are screwed by refs and when the ball doesnt bounce our way. We know all the differences. Any sane, respectable sooner fan should know, we lost this game because florida beat us. We played really good I thought. Just didnt play good enough. I'm extremely proud of OU's D. They played their asses off.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema