• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Congrats

GatorGal15

VIP Member
I figured Bradford would win it, and he did deserve it. I was just surprised Tebow finished 3rd. Oh well.

See you in Miami Sam. We will be the one with the Crystal Trophy in our hands! :)

Sooner_Bob

Gator Fan
I am very excited that Sam won but if he doesnt get that big BCS trophy it wont matter.

Just for the record, I think that Tebow is a great college QB. I hope he goes 0-23 with 4INTs against us, but he is a great player/person.

I am very excited that Sam won but if he doesnt get that big BCS trophy it wont matter.

Just for the record, I think that Tebow is a great college QB. I hope he goes 0-23 with 4INTs against us, but he is a great player/person.

I'll be honest OU fans...I wanted tim to win 1st but if he didn't I wanted McCoy to win it not because Sam is not a great QB because he is. but I guess for the I feel sorry for McCoy vote. Tim may have finished 3rd but he had the most 1st place votes. And won the south! But Sam deserved it but like I said I felt bad for McCoy. But congrats

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Congrats sam you deserved it buddy...Now Tebow Take the Ring!!!!!!

Typical anti-UF and anti-SEC sportswriters from the Big 12 and the Northeast. A lot of them left Tebow off their ballot entirely.

If UF wins the title, I'll be laughing at how Bradford "won" the Heisman, but yet got beaten by the 2nd AND 3rd place finishers.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
why does it have to be teams beating "sam" and not OU? Sam threw for 383 and 5tds against texass. but SAM lost that game?

Okay I'll rephrase then, they beat OU.

That wasn't my main point. My main point was that Tebow was 1st place on 309 ballots, but yet wasn't even mentioned on 154 ballots.

A Big 12 sportswriter from Dallas had McCoy, Bradford, and SPIKES on his ballot. I'm sorry, but how can you not see what that guy was trying to do. People intentionally left Tebow off the ballot.

Do you blame them? I'm a huge gator fan, and I really think Bradford it a good QB. But I would have left him off the mine altogether just to make sure he didn't beat out tebow! Even tho I think Sam is a heck of a player I would have left him off...

Sooner_Bob

Gator Fan
Well, first off I can understand how people left Tebow off of there ballots. Like I have stated before, I think that Tebow is a GREAT college QB and he was deserving of last years Heisman. The facts are that his numbers were not up to par with the other candidates, not even some that didnt get invited. And yes, I do think that numbers matter when your talking about TD's and yards like Bradford, McCoy and the Harrel form TT. If you want to debate this point your wasting your time with me so lets just agree to disagree.

BEFORE YOU GUYS START TO HATE ME......Im not saying that Tebow sucks and that Sam is better than him blah blah blah...Im just saying that according to the way that I WOULD VOTE FOR HEISMAN'S I wouldnt have voted for Tebow. That is the big problem with the voting for this particular award. There is not a clear cut criteria to vote for. Some say that it is the MVP, some would say that leadership has a big part in it(which is why Tebow was in the top 3 this year) others just vote on who they think is the best football player in college(the way I see it). In saying all of that Im not saying that I would have voted for Sam IF I WASNT A SOONER(because I am biased towards the Sooners).

I also feel that you shouldnt have to be on a great team to win the Heisman. In my opinion this really degrades this award. It's not a particular players fault if his team isnt as good as another. Bradford shouldnt have it held against him just because our defense couldnt stop Texas, and McCoy shouldnt be penalized for the same against TT.

After saying all of that I dont put much emphasis on the Heisman UNLESS SOMEONE FROM MY TEAM WINS IT!!! HAHAHAHAHA It's a great way to brag but it really doesnt mean much except for the person that wins it.

Sooner_Bob

Gator Fan
As I said before I think sam had numbers to win it but I also think McCoy did and he beat sam in a head 2 head but the right person got it

McCoy and Sam were never on the field at the same time. The only time you could have a head to head comparison for the heisman is if one player was on offense and the other was on defense. I feel that way no matter who is up for the award.

McCoy and Sam were never on the field at the same time. The only time you could have a head to head comparison for the heisman is if one player was on offense and the other was on defense. I feel that way no matter who is up for the award.

well their teams played one another...lol better? but sam deserved it no matter what is said

inthestands

Gator Fan
Bradford should have been number 3... but half thge voters were from Oklahoma... Bradford meant less to his tea than Tebow or McCoy. But no Big 12 QB should have even been in the race... Big 12 defenses gave up a total of 70,000 yeards this season as opposed to the SEC giving up 44,000. And dont give me this great offense BS either because the Big 12 only gained 13,000 more years as opposed to giving up close to 20,000 more. What a Joke

Sooner_Bob

Gator Fan
Bradford should have been number 3... but half thge voters were from Oklahoma... Bradford meant less to his tea than Tebow or McCoy. But no Big 12 QB should have even been in the race... Big 12 defenses gave up a total of 70,000 yeards this season as opposed to the SEC giving up 44,000. And dont give me this great offense BS either because the Big 12 only gained 13,000 more years as opposed to giving up close to 20,000 more. What a Joke

Big XII offenses are better than SEC offenses by lightyears!

inthestands

Gator Fan
Big XII offenses are better than SEC offenses by lightyears!

Really? That's funny because statistically SEC offenses only gained 13,000 less total yards and Big 12 defenses gave up almost 15,000 more yards... doesn't add up bro. Plus the big 12 gave up a ton more yards in out of conference play than the SEC. Those numbers were added up by each individual team by me and the stats were taken from the official ncaa website.

Really? That's funny because statistically SEC offenses only gained 13,000 less total yards and Big 12 defenses gave up almost 15,000 more yards... doesn't add up bro. Plus the big 12 gave up a ton more yards in out of conference play than the SEC. Those numbers were added up by each individual team by me and the stats were taken from the official ncaa website.

Yeah I have said that a million times friend, Some of them will find a way to talk some b/s man just we both know what we see and how it will go down.

tuss76

Gator Fan
Just one Question. Would Bradford put up those kind of numbers in UF's offense? For that matter could Bradford put up Tebowish numbers in UF's offense? I personally don't think so.

Sooner_Bob

Gator Fan
Just one Question. Would Bradford put up those kind of numbers in UF's offense? For that matter could Bradford put up Tebowish numbers in UF's offense? I personally don't think so.

I think that tebow is a distant fourth as far ad qb's are conserned this year. Out of the top four I think he I'd the only one that couldn't have great success at the other three schools.

Also, I'm not debating whether or not that Sam deserved the heisman(I think he did), I'm just saying why I wouldn't have voted for tebow. I'm not slamming tebow in any way so don't take it personal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema