• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chris Leak is in the CFL

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
HAMILTON — The Hamilton Tiger-Cats bolstered their depth at quarterback Tuesday with the signing of former Gator quarterback Chris Leak.

The 6-foot, 207-pounder from Charlotte, N.C., had a 94.8 rating in his last season with the Gators in 2006, when he threw for 2,942 yards and 23 touchdowns.

“We consider Chris to be a great CFL quarterback prospect,” said Hamilton general manager Bob O’ Billovich. “We believe that Chris’ style of play is suited for this league. He’s accomplished some great things in his career and we’re excited to see what he can do for the Ticats.”

The CFL team now has five quarterbacks in camp, including starter Casey Printers, backup Richie Williams, sophomore Timmy Chang and newcomer Quinton Porter.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
A few years in the CFL will do him some good. It's a shame the AAFL folded or we could have watched him regularly down here.

nismodrift

VIP Member
Wow, that team has 2 of my favorite qbs now, Timmy Chang and Chris Leak, Timmy Chang is the best QB out of NCAA, and he's asian, and Chris Leak is amazing. I hope they have a duo QB system with Chang and Leak. Still I hope Leak improves a bit and gets some notice and becomes an NFL QB so I can watch it regularly.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Wow, that team has 2 of my favorite qbs now, Timmy Chang and Chris Leak, Timmy Chang is the best QB out of NCAA, and he's asian, and Chris Leak is amazing. I hope they have a duo QB system with Chang and Leak. Still I hope Leak improves a bit and gets some notice and becomes an NFL QB so I can watch it regularly.

Leak and Chang wouldn't run a dual QB system b/c they are not differnet QB's. They are both pure passers. Casey Printers was actually the starter for Hamilton last season. I hope Leak can surplant him.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I'm sadden to see no nfl team pick up Chris leak during the draft

Leak signed with the Bears as an UFA in 2007 and had a chance to work with Rex Grossman up there in Chicago, but he was cut during the pre-season. It's nice to see him signed to play for a professional team, albeit in Canada, but if all goes well for him it could eventually lead him back to the NFL. I also agree that the experience in the CFL could do him some good.

nismodrift

VIP Member
Leak and Chang wouldn't run a dual QB system b/c they are not differnet QB's. They are both pure passers. Casey Printers was actually the starter for Hamilton last season. I hope Leak can surplant him.

oh ya that's true, well I hope he gains some experience and playing time from CFL.

Leak signed with the Bears as an UFA in 2007 and had a chance to work with Rex Grossman up there in Chicago, but he was cut during the pre-season. It's nice to see him signed to play for a professional team, albeit in Canada, but if all goes well for him it could eventually lead him back to the NFL. I also agree that the experience in the CFL could do him some good.

the playing time at least won't make him rusty and hopefully one day he'll play for the nfl.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Painters was a quarterback for Florida A&M. I do hope Leak can see some playing time. Well more than some really.

dstad13

Gator Fan
Hamilton released Chris Leak after one practice. The Hamilton coach said that Leak came in too late and there was not enough time for him to learn the plays. He also said that Leak picked up some offers from some Arena teams. I think Chris Leak is perfect for the AFL

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Former Florida Gators quarterback Chris Leak didn't last long during his first CFL stop but it may not be long before he's given a second chance.

Leak, who was the offensive most valuable player while leading Florida to the championship in U.S. college football 17 months ago, is expected to be in Montreal to work out before the Alouettes' coaching staff this week. Sources said Leak's agent was in touch with the Als over the weekend after the Hamilton Tiger-Cats released him last Friday, just three days after he arrived in Hamilton.

The 23-year-old Leak, who spent training camp with the Chicago Bears last summer, was apparently less than enthused with being in Hamilton where the Tiger-Cats are committed to starting quarterback Casey Printers as well as backup Richie Williams. Two other Hamilton quarterbacks, Timmy Chang and Quinton Porter, have also impressed in training camp.
But in Montreal, Leak would be joining a team led by 36-year-old Anthony Calvillo and backed up by Marcus Brady, a quarterback who has had numerous opportunities in the CFL but never displayed the consistency necessary to be a starter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema