• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Changes by monday.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Look, y'all know how I feel, so I won't say anymore about the "big picture" here except to reiterate that quote re Meyer's own "Plan To Win", where he argues for ALWAYS starting a running QB--and wonder what he was thinking when he let Newton go, put ALL the "QB eggs" in Brantley for this--and next?--year (let it be known that Brantley was 'the guy", that he'd be adapting his system around him), then said and did nothing more while Addazio proceeded to run the same old "Tebow-spread", going nowhere, getting JB beat-up and embarrassed, and claiming this was a "smash mouth offense we run here at Florida".
As for JB, his only hope here at UF was/is to basically take control of the team ON THE FIELD, call the necessary audibles as he sees fit and start chucking the ball around a bit (a lot?) more. If it works, you don't think Addazio et all wouldn't go along? Either way, what has he got to lose? But it's not in this kid--he's a "good soldier", doing exactly what he's told. Too bad that's going to get him hurt and/or benched and put aside, ultimately.
Would have already happened if there was a fully viable alternative. Burton DOESN'T hardly throw, so there likely is something to the view that this is HIS weakness--longest pass from scrimmage BY FAR this year notwithstanding. Fits the system better though--and has the passion, the balls-to-the-wall try-and-stop-me personna that could ignite this offense.
I could see THAT kid just ignoring the dive call if/when it came in at the crucial point in a game. But not JB-he's going down for being a "good kid".

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
If you can win a title with Leak then you can win a title with Brantley.

I need to look at the footage from '05-'06, but IIRC the offense was modified for Leak. Last week was the first time with JB that it looked like we tried changes for JB.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Just "responded" at the same MOMENT you posted...see above (laughter--guess we really ARE "on the same page"...gotta get back to work here though...)

The Zooker

VIP Member
It would be funny if Brantley pulled a Willy Beamen, a la Any Given Sunday, and start changing the plays in the huddle.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
If things don't change, then JB would be my hero if he called the plays on the field and went no-huddle so that Addazio would not have the chance to yell at him.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I guess I DID have that "Any Given Sunday" image (and every other plot-line where the QB just starts "drawin' 'em up in the dirt" and starts moving the team) in mind--and yeah, he could be EVERYONE'S hero, just for giving it a good shot at this point...but I just don't see that as anything like what this guy would do--for better or worse (in this case), JB is a respectful, do-what-is-asked-of-me player. He's no more psychologically prepared to say "screw it" and LEAD "no matter what it takes" than he is physically prepared to run the option run offense he's been shoe-horned (and hoodwinked) into.
Think his dad and uncle are sorry they helped him choose this path?
Think maybe they're pretty pissed at SOMEONE? (I'm a bit surprised they haven't said anything publicly thus far--Gators 'til the end, sure, but still...)

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Keep in mind, he sign in the 2007 class after the Gators won the title with Chris Leak. Maybe he thought he would run that offense and not the one Tebow ran.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema