• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Changes by monday.

mjfan23

VIP Member
changes need to be made by monday or florida is going to lose alot recruiting. This is pathetic.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
No way Foley can let this debacle of a season continue. He needs to order Meyer to demote Addazio. This is one of the most pathetic offenses in Gator history and someone needs to be held accountable.

GoGators01

Gator Fan
its not just addazio at this point. the whole team is in disarray. ive tried to defend d thompson but he just cant catch

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
its not just addazio at this point. the whole team is in disarray. ive tried to defend d thompson but he just cant catch

A large part is on the coaches. At least now we have an idea why they closed practice so we didn't get to see this abominable play before the season. Addazio's offense, and I use that term loosely, is nonexistent.

And I'm becoming more and more afraid that Meyer has lost the edge. He does not seem to be the same coach as before the health incident.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Time to face it, as some already have: it's past the point of being just about Addazio, if it ever WAS just about him...Foley must do what he did the LAST time we lost to Miss St. this way: Make the change at the top. That's right, it is time Urban Meyer made good his first instinct to retire; hell, it seems the better part of him already HAS! Unfortunately, this is a tricky deal all around. In certain circles Coach Meyer is untouchable, devoid of any possible blame or flaw. It would be a lot easier, better for the program if he were to resign, pending the season's end, say...that would also give Foley room to maneuver, line up Wittingham or whomever without messing with that individual's present duties in mid-season. Anyway, that's what we're talking about, at this point.

ki501

Gator Fan
Make the change at the top. That's right, it is time Urban Meyer made good his first instinct to retire; hell, it seems the better part of him already HAS!

I believe you will see Meyer resign after the end of this embarassing season. Hopefully, Foley is already make arrangements for a replacement. He should have never twisted Meyers arm to come backin the first place.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
A large part is on the coaches. At least now we have an idea why they closed practice so we didn't get to see this abominable play before the season. Addazio's offense, and I use that term loosely, is nonexistent.

And I'm becoming more and more afraid that Meyer has lost the edge. He does not seem to be the same coach as before the health incident.

Before the game, they even sucked in warm-ups. Pouncey snapped the ball in Burton's face. Demps collided with Reed or Burton. They must close practice to cover up how bad things are going even in practice and drills.

GatorFanFromLA

Gator Fan
Before the game, they even sucked in warm-ups. Pouncey snapped the ball in Burton's face. Demps collided with Reed or Burton. They must close practice to cover up how bad things are going even in practice and drills.

Hey you think we can get a center to snap the ball to Pouncey then get Pouncey to snap the ball back through the uprights for field goals and extra points, you think we can convince the NCAA to let us do that

gatorfootball

Gator Fan
Coming into the season, I felt this would be somewhat of a rebuilding year, much like 2007. There is a tremendous amount of young talent on this team, so the future should be bright. That being said, unless some changes are made, it will not be. I understand there was a lot of uncertainty this past offseason as well as several coaching changes, which takes transition, but 7 games into the season, this still looks like a team going through spring practice. The senior dominated offensive line, supposedly a strength entering the season, has been abysmal. Can't protect the QB, can't run the ball, guys playing out of position (see Mike Pouncey). Going back to last season, the play calling is predictable and non-productive. To have that much offensive talent and be unable to move the ball is ridiculous. It further enhances just how great Tebow was to make that offense somewhat productive last year. Steve Adazzio may be a great assistant head coach and recruiter, but as OC and offensive line coach he is failing spectacularly. The outright refusal to mold the offense to suit the talent that runs it (despite claiming that was exactly what was going to happen in the preseason), is inexcusable. I am no football coach, but I can see Brantley's strength is as a pocket passer, not an option QB, and he gets few opportunities to even attempt to throw downfield. Every so-called expert has pointed this out, but Adazzio doesn't see it? Dive plays and screens are good change of pace plays, not offensive foundations. Adazzio must go. Those calling for Meyer's head though are being ridiculous. The criticism I will offer is that he is being too loyal to his staff when they are hurting the team. He better wake up to this quick though if he wants to remain as one of the elite coaches, because it doesn't take long to fall from grace (see Les Miles). One more point and I will have it all off my chest - at what point do they decide to sit Deonte Thompson and let the more productive young players have more opportunities? The guy couldn't catch a cold, much less a football. And I really wish everyone in the media would stop referring to him as Florida's #1 receiver - he never has been and never will be.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I believe you will see Meyer resign after the end of this embarassing season. Hopefully, Foley is already make arrangements for a replacement. He should have never twisted Meyers arm to come backin the first place.

I learned my lesson this year about predicting the best case scenario. UF has not fired a coach at the end of a season since I can remember--it usually occurs mid-season. Urban Meyer and Steve Addazio will be back next year, and get until midseason to make things right. If there is a total regime change it will be announced about a year from now unless someone retires.

I learned my lesson this year about predicting the best case scenario. UF has not fired a coach at the end of a season since I can remember--it usually occurs mid-season. Urban Meyer and Steve Addazio will be back next year, and get until midseason to make things right. If there is a total regime change it will be announced about a year from now unless someone retires.
no dont say that

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, if that's "the move", Urban's future will then rest on what Loeffler can do with what's left of a now broken-spirited team, missing a whole BUNCH of its playmakers and in general disarray...he'd pretty well have to win out, too.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PS Like your hoping for a loss to force that change, I find myself wondering if simply changing the OC at this point is anything more than a bandaid on a gaping mortal wound--and fearing that any short term success would be nothing more than an illusion, one that could put off the drastic changes that are truly required by now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema