• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

cam newton

i hope JB has a great gator career but from looking at 180 rush yards and the way he moved in the highlights

i cant help but think this kid could of been tebow good or maybe even better in our offense

he's bigger and faster. gotta see him play some real competition to evaluate his pass skills tho

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not like we let him go because we thought Brantley was a better QB...

yea but it was still a great show he put up 180 rush yards? did tebow ever do that? stupid he bought a stolen laptop or something freaked out and tossed it out the window i know but still every gator message board is prolly lookin at the sorry game we played compared to auburn and we got alot more talent so whats that say?

and if he was a big time guy he might not of got tossed off the team either way i think he would be great for our offense having a QB that can run makes your o-line better

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Auburn is very hyped on Cam Newton. I wish him the best at Auburn. Just as long as his best is still a little bit worse than ours.

I feel like if he was still with our team he would not be starting over JB. He would either play only a few snaps in the wildcat, change positions, or transfer on his own terms to get more playing time.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
You should hear the way the Auburn fans are hyping this kid. You'd think he's the greatest thing to hit Alabama since the portable toilet. Like the OP said, I think he'll be a good player for Auburn, but I wanna see what he'll do against real opponents.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Let's not lose faith in Tebow and Brantley so quickly. Newton is a good QB, but I think that even if he didn't steal the laptop that Brantley would have surpassed him on the depth chart and that he would not out-hussle Tebow. Look at Chris Leak. His stats dipped in year 1 of Urban Meyer, but improved greatly in year 2 and were slightly better than his last year under Zook. I would compare Brantley to Leak. Give the guy a chance. As for Newton, I wish him well. Heck, I hope he wins the SEC West.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Did anybody see the 2008 Orange and Blue game? Newton sucked and Tebow outperformed him and Tebow had a cold. I'm not giving up on Brantley besides I don't think he shown what he can do (throwing the ball). Open up the offense. Tebow threw deep. Also for Newton, looking good going 2-0 though struggled against Miss State passing wise. I doubt they beat Bama this year.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Did anybody see the 2008 Orange and Blue game? Newton sucked and Tebow outperformed him and Tebow had a cold. I'm not giving up on Brantley besides I don't think he shown what he can do (throwing the ball). Open up the offense. Tebow threw deep. Also for Newton, looking good going 2-0 though struggled against Miss State passing wise. I doubt they beat Bama this year.

Agreed. I was kidding in Newton beating Alabama, but it would be nice if someone could expose a weakness that we could use against Bama.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema