• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bulls' Noah benched Sunday by unanimous vote by teammates

ATLANTA -- Chicago Bulls rookie Joakim Noah was benched for Sunday's game against the Atlanta Hawks -- by his teammates.

They delivered a unanimous vote after the rookie from Florida was involved in a confrontation with assistant coach Ron Adams in practice before Friday's game at Philadelphia.

Noah was inactive for the Philadelphia game for internal disciplinary reasons, but the players told interim coach Jim Boylan one game was not enough.

"We have a chance to salvage this season and we just need everybody on the page," said Bulls veteran guard Adrian Griffin.

"It's one of those things that I believe is going to bring us closer.

"Everyone on this team knows what Joakim can do and we just look forward to getting him back on the court."

A subdued Noah, who is averaging 4.2 points and 3.1 rebounds in 12.3 minutes, sat at his locker before Sunday's game.

"They just told me what I did was unacceptable and I'm just going to move on from here," Noah said. "I've just got to accept it. What do you want me to say? I've just got to move on. There's nothing I can do about it."

When asked if he believes the two-game suspension is too severe, Noah said "Ask the players who made the decision. I don't know. ... Do I agree with it? It doesn't make a difference. I respect my teammates."

Boylan, promoted to head coach on Dec. 27 after Scott Skiles was fired, said the suspension resulted from more than one incident.

Boylan called Noah "a great kid," but noted he's been involved in "a couple of situations where he's been late or not doing what the Chicago Bulls do.

So the cumulative aspect of this is definitely part of the reasoning for the players doing what they did."

"This isn't college anymore," Boylan said. "It's the NBA. This is professional sports."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3194819

That is pretty harsh and probably necessary, but I do not understand the college comment. I do not think Billy Donovan would put up with that either.

carolinathru&thru

VIP Member
My only problem with it was that Noah didn't apologize or even admit that he was wrong. If he had done that then I think all would've been forgiven. But, you can bet your right butt-cheek that the animosity between him and the rest of the team/coaches will linger for some time.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Noah has always been a firey type of guy. He probably let his emotions get the best of him. I really doubt this will be an ongoing issue with him.

ooorrrannnge

Gator Fan
I live in atlanta and went to the Hawks vs Bulls game yesterday hoping to see our 2-time champions play ball.

It was sad to find out that our boy Noah was benched by his teammates. I don't think the players and coaches realize what kind of player he is yet. Noah gets his team fired up! Like Horford said, (something along the lines of) Noah's an emotional and very competitive player and in time the bulls will realize that and it will be all good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema