• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Brissett is the starter, unless...

travisduncan

Gator Fan
An update from Coach Will Muschamp Monday on the QB situation.

“Both [Jacoby Brissett and Jeff Driskel] are going to practice through the week," Muschamp said.

"Right now, based on the injury report I got this morning, Jeff should practice today. How
limited he will be, I do not know that. We will work with Jacoby as the starter at this point. We'll work through the week, and progress to see who practices the best. That is true to a lot of positions."

But Muschamp said Driskel should be "full-go" on Saturday.

And Brissett's starting job appers to be somewhat dependent on Driskel's ankle. The coach is careful to avoid comparing one guy to the other at this tender stage in their respective careers.

“I think that will depend on Jeff's health, for his number reps," Muschamp said. "We would generally go into a situation where they split reps, so there would be equal reps as far as that is concerned because they're very similar players.

"It's not like one guy is a different quarterback than the other guy, they both have a very similar skill set as far as that is concerned. But, a lot of that is going to depend on Jeff‟s ankle at this point. How many reps will he be able to rep in practice? I don‟t know at this point. As we move further in the week, I'll know how much he'll be able to go and compete for the job this week. That will determine the reps, and then obviously determine the starter.”

As for John Brantley's progress "He's working hard. He‟s been in the training room a lot. He went on the road with us. He got all the reps he could get as far as rehabbing his ankle. We feel like he‟s making good progress, we just want to move forward with that.”

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I think Brissett showed he was a step ahead of Driskell. He looked very comfortable in the pocket and has a very raw arm.

dustin rhoads

Gator Fan
i really think Coach Will Muschamp needs to try out

Tyler Murphy for qb he is really great and he is what we need i seen him play at the Orange and blue game and he did great therefore if i was Coach Will Muschamp i would let him take over

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema