• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Breaking News: Oklahoma Forfeits BCS Game and Will Not Go to Miami

Gator Duck

Gator Fan
by Billy Ray
December 30, 2008

This breaking news from Norman, Oklahoma. The University of Oklahomas' Sports Information Department has just issued a press release stating that the Sooners' football team will not be going to Miami, Florida to participate in the BCS Championship Game scheduled to take place on the 8th of January. Oklahoma has instead decided to forfeit the game and concede the national title to the University of Florida.

In the statement just released the University has listed numerous reasons as being key factors in the decision. Among these are:

1) The national consensus among college football fans that the Sooners have no chance of beating the Florida Gators. This is indisputable. To deny this is on par with saying blow-hard Al Gore is the main cause of global warming.

2) The media consensus that the Oklahoma football team should not even show up. These guys are professionals. They are never wrong.

3) Oklahoma is much too small to compete with the University of Florida. Every member of Florida's second string would take a Sooner starter's spot.

4) Oklahoma is not fast enough to handle the awesome speed of the Gators. Forget the skill players, the Gators' linebackers and defensive ends will win the next Olympic 100 meter relay.

5) No team outside of the SEC plays any defense. Oklahoma's defense, it turns out, may be the worst defense in the history of bad defenses.

6) The SEC is always the best conference. No team outside of the SEC could ever beat an SEC team.

7) All of Oklahoma's victories came against inferior competition. Tim Tebow could have beaten every one of these teams all by himself.

8) Bob Stoops and his staff of morons will be out-coached by Urban Meyer and his staff. Picture Forest Gump in a battle of wits against Stephen Hawking.

9) Oklahoma should not have even had the opportunity to play in their conference championship game, much less the BCS Title game. Texas supporters even hired a plane with a banner that proved this point beyond a doubt.

10) The Texas Longhorns are the true champions of the BIG 12 Conference. Just ask them.

Because of these and other reasons too numerous to list, the University of Oklahoma has decided it will be in the best interest of all involved to forfeit the game and stay home.

According to everyone outside of Oklahoma this would be a worse mismatch than when that little David kid in the Bible made the mistake of taking on that giant Goliath dude. The best case scenario was a few Sooners actually survived the game.

The BCS issued their own statement about the situation in support of the Sooners' decision.

BCS spokesman Eric Cartman read from a prepared statement at the BCS headquarters in South Park, Colorado.

Mr. Cartman said, "My fellow Americans, ask not what your BCS can do for you, ask what can you do for your BCS. Remember, the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Or low television ratings. Or maybe running out of pie. Oh, just forget it. I'm going home."

As reported by Florida fans and players, this announcement came as a huge relief to the Sooners' players who had been alternating between sucking their thumbs and wetting themselves since this match-up against the mighty Gators was finalized.

Late Breaking News:

Oklahoma Sooners' Head Coach Bob Stoops has just released a new statement.

According to our sources within the program, Coach Stoops said "Well, we already put down a deposit on the hotel rooms and we just found out our super-saver plane tickets are non-refundable. I guess we're going to Miami after all. Sorry to disappoint everyone. You know what? If it's all the same to you, since we're going to be there anyway, we may as well just show up and play in that darn game after all."

--------------------------------------------------

Yep, a gag from The Bleacher Report

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I don't think it's funny. It's this kind of trash talking that makes the Gator Nation look bad in the eyes of the rest of the world. Maybe if we were playing the School Out West or Georgia for the BCS championship this might be funny.

I am looking forward to a competitive game against the NCAA-record setting offense. I'll be on a miltary TDY, so I'll miss the game live. I hope it looks good recorded. I have a feeling that when I watch the recording that I will see a close game.

I don't think it's funny. It's this kind of trash talking that makes the Gator Nation look bad in the eyes of the rest of the world. Maybe if we were playing the School Out West or Georgia for the BCS championship this might be funny.

I am looking forward to a competitive game against the NCAA-record setting offense. I'll be on a miltary TDY, so I'll miss the game live. I hope it looks good recorded. I have a feeling that when I watch the recording that I will see a close game.

I have to agree a 100% with you

Escambia94

I guess I'm the only one with a sense of humor!

The BCS championship isn't just about winning--it's about pitting the agreed upon best teams against one another to determine a champion. Some of us Gator fans are acting as if our team had never won a game before. Have faith that they will win the old fashioned way. A victory is not a victory if it is not hard-earned. Some of us remember the old days when UF had zero national championships to brag about. By the time UF got its first national championship, teams like Oklahoma and Ohio State already had six! Quit acting like a bunch of babies. If it were not for Steve Spurrier and Urban Meyer, we would not have one single national championship. We could not get even get a NC with Emmit Smith in the backfield or Steve Spurrier under center. We had conference championships stripped from us in the 1980s. We had zero-win seasons in the 1970s. Let's consider ourselves lucky that we get to play for the national championship this year. Even if we lose, I would be f***ing happy that we're not playing in a bowl game before New Years, or worse, sitting at home without a bowl game. I remember those days. It sucked. I was jealous of the other Florida schools in those days. I'm happy that I get to see the Orange and Blue play during the holidays when I am home for the holidays in Florida, and not on the dayroom television in Iraq, or a sports bar in DC during a TDY.

Sense of humor? Some of us probably take it too seriously, but then again, maybe some of us like the escape from getting shot at or trapped by IEDs. Maybe some of us are proud of the 4 years at Gainesville. Maybe some of us still get chills in our spine thinking of the glory days at the stadium.

I'll wrap up my rant with this. I keep a poster that follows me around the world that shows a collage of the University, the Swamp, Lake Alice, and the college of engineering that says, "The University of Florida is in Gainesville, but the Gator Nation is everywhere." Gator Nation ambassadors are not supposed to be petty, sore losers, or worse, petty, sore winners.

ShortBus

VIP Member
wow dude. lighten up... it's a funny article. it's not a serious article. no one wants OU to just give up and forfeit. It's just pointing out all the media hype surrounding the gators and this game. take a chill pill. and how does this have anything to do with being a sore winner?

take it for what it is, humor.

no wonder our society is so f'd up. no one has a sense of humor anymore.. everyone walks around with a stick stuck up their ass.

Escambia94

no wonder our society is so f'd up. no one has a sense of humor anymore.. everyone walks around with a stick stuck up their ass.

Society has a lot more issues at hand than its lack of humor. Apparently my rant is aimed at the wrong audience. I'll lighten up a bit for this particular forum and save the adult conversation for a different audience. My apologies for giving a damn.

ShortBus

VIP Member
again u completely lacked the sarcasm in the post.. WOOOOOOOSH.. over your head.

stop taking everything so seriously all the time.. stop to smell the roses. take a breath of fresh air. live life. learn to laugh.

something that was written as satire you're taking completely the wrong way. i don't think it's a matter of 'adult conversation' it's a matter of being able to see humor when something is funny. it's like going to see a stand up comedy routine and getting pissed off and offended.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I thought it wasn't that funny...and I knew it was a joke.

It just didn't seem that original and went through the "usual" college football cliches.

Gator Duck

Gator Fan

Escambia, read the last line in the article. It was written by a SOONER fan. It's nobody in the Gator Nation trash talking...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema