• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

BREAKING NEWS! carlos dunlap arrested!!!

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I was thinking something similar. Normally, I'd want him off the team, but it's not fair to the rest of our team for his stupid mistake.

You and gainesvillebornandraised have got to be kidding me! A half game suspension for what he did???? That's why UF fans are always the butt of jokes. Time to stop placing football above life. What Dunlap did is inexcusable, even more so that he did it 5 days before the game. If I was one of his teammates, I wouldn't want him to play Saturday. He let a LOT of people down.

Gretzky_99

Gator Fan
Agreed Leakbrewgator,
I had an uncle killed by a drunk drive about 14 years ago.. the guy was driving on a revoked license (due to 3 prior dui convictions) and ran a stop sign at 65 mph, hitting my uncles are right in the drivers door. The guy was convicted 1 1/2 years later and is already out of jail... Drunk driving is not excusable and can't be tolerated.. I really hope he learns a huge lesson out of this.

I heard yesterday that he was Indefinitely Suspended.... I for one do not have a problem with that except the fact that he is such an IMPACT player.
The questions I have are where was he ? who was he with? why didn't someone stop him from driving?

The only silver lining I can see in this is Maybe he will decide to stay another year keep out of trouble & maybe his stock will go up...

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I heard yesterday that he was Indefinitely Suspended.... I for one do not have a problem with that except the fact that he is such an IMPACT player.
The questions I have are where was he ? who was he with? why didn't someone stop him from driving?

The only silver lining I can see in this is Maybe he will decide to stay another year keep out of trouble & maybe his stock will go up...

I doubt he'll stay even with this.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
You and gainesvillebornandraised have got to be kidding me! A half game suspension for what he did???? That's why UF fans are always the butt of jokes. Time to stop placing football above life. What Dunlap did is inexcusable, even more so that he did it 5 days before the game. If I was one of his teammates, I wouldn't want him to play Saturday. He let a LOT of people down.

I have no problem if Dunlap is kicked off the team, but why should the rest of the team should be punished for Dunlap's mistake?

I'm not putting life before football. I can't stand DUIs and frankly, I would have no problem with MUCH more severe penalties for DUIs. It's one thing to punish the player, it's another thing to punish the team as well.

I have no problem with the punishment Meyer gave out, but I understand there are other people being punished, too.

CinciGator

Gator Fan
I have no problem if Dunlap is kicked off the team, but why should the rest of the team should be punished for Dunlap's mistake?

I'm not putting life before football. I can't stand DUIs and frankly, I would have no problem with MUCH more severe penalties for DUIs. It's one thing to punish the player, it's another thing to punish the team as well.

I have no problem with the punishment Meyer gave out, but I understand there are other people being punished, too.

You can't effectively punish the player without impacting the team. This is a good thing as the peer pressure and unwillingness to let your teammates down is what keeps most from doing things like this to begin with.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
You can't effectively punish the player without impacting the team. This is a good thing as the peer pressure and unwillingness to let your teammates down is what keeps most from doing things like this to begin with.

Perhaps, but it's easier to kick a 3rd string player off the team than a star player (with respect to its effect on the rest of team). But then I suppose it creates another dilemma: should a less "important" player get a more severe punishment just because they're not a starter?

There's no fairness either way, I guess.

JvilleJohnny

i have no problem with the punishment... his action was inexcusable in any situation, let alone 5 days before the biggest game of his career to date...oh well, now Justin Trattou can step up and make defensive player of the game...mark ingram is going to get :sign0081:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema