• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bowl season is upon us

News Bot

News Bot
When I rank bowl games I don’t rank them in the order of how good the game is. I rank them on how much I want to watch them.
In other words, if I will plan my day around the game it’s high up on the list. If I would start watching it and then get sidetracked by a “Top Chef” marathon it’s down the list. If I wouldn’t watch it in my backyard with Sofia Vergara, Padma Laksmi and Scarlett Johansson serving as officials, it’s way down the list.
In other words, I will watch any game involving an SEC team (and that includes newbies Texas A&M and Missouri) even if the game appears to be a dog.
That said, my top five and bottom five as we head into bowl season:
TOP FIVE
1. BCS Championship Game: Some people thought the first game was boring. I couldn;t take my eyes off it.
2. Fiesta Bowl: We will be talking about Oklahoma State vs. Stanford throughout the off-season.
3. Rose Bowl: Oregon and Wisconsin should supply plenty of offense.
4. Outback Bowl: I’ll have to have this on my laptop since I’ll be covering Ohio State v. Florida.
5. Orange Bowl: West Virginia and Clemson should put on a wild one.
BOTTOM FIVE
1. BBVA Compass Bowl: Pittsburgh vs. SMU? Had Tennessee become bowl eligible it would be worth a look.
2. Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl: One of these teams (UCLA or Illinois) will finish with a losing record.
3. Little Caesar’s Bowl: When Western Michigan and Purdue play you can throw the records out. Please.
4. Pinstripe Bowl: Rutgers and iowa State? I’d rather do laundry.
5. Beef O’Brady’s Bowl: FIU and Marshall don’t move the needle.
In reality, I imagine I will watch all of these bowl games at some point because it’s the climax of college football season. Obviously, I will be covering Florida-Ohio State but I think the storylines will be better than the actual game.

Source: GatorSports.com - Dooley's Desk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema