• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Birmingham Bowl: Florida Gators vs East Carolina Pirates

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Sorry I did not post much yesterday. I had bad cell phone reception and no Wi-Fi.

My take on this game:
  • I thought the Gators would come out flat with nothing to play for, but they actually played hard.
  • That being said, even the Gators playing their hardest only generated 339 yards. This is a reflection of the coaching and why none of them are being retained except the OL coach, Mike Summers.
  • Roper actually adjusted plays in the game, and he was aided by CFP referees that favored offense.
  • ESPN made an interesting point about Driskel. The man that recruited him, Urban Meyer, developed his 3rd team QB into a slayer of Alabama. Driskel has to be thinking "that could have been me if I were playing for Meyer".
  • Durkin is the only undefeated head coach in Gator history! Unlike his predecessor, he rotated all the players! Unlike his predecessor, he motivated the team and let them all have some fun. Players play hard for good coaches that also let them have fun.
  • @DRU2012 made a comment on injuries. The number of injuries was consistent with a Muschamp team. One thing that stood out today was the intensity of the Gators. Fowler nearly killed the ECU QB multiple times and will do better than Spikes in the NFL, Willis will give ECU nightmares in the September rematch after nearly assassinating the QB on a keeper in the end zone, and Brandon Powell nearly killed two ECU defenders who tried to tackle him. One ECU player's body went limp when Powell knocked another defender into him!
  • Adam Lane and Ahmad Fulwood made statements that Muschamp should have played them more.
  • The defense has a strong core returning next year, and the offense has hidden talent. Special teams is unknown.
  • If Durkin had coached this team in all of 2014 instead of Muschamp, the Gators would be SEC East champions and would have 10 wins. I am not sure if that should be read as praise for Durkin as HC or condemnation of Muschamp.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema