• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Balance: Positive Thoughts

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Yes, I think if we have a new OC will make a huge difference.

I am not that worried that Coach Meyer will make the correct changes.....the guy is way too smart.

I also do not believe the continued ranting will make anything better. Yes, we all need to vent from time to time to let out our frustration with others as this is help release the anger. But, to continue to do so on nearly every post, every topic, every day....is a bit too much....in my opinion, and that is all that this is.

This is the 2nd down season since Meyer took over the program. He has also brought two National Championships. I do not believe that the sky is falling, I do not believe the program is falling a part. And by down season - He lost 4 games in the first "down season" and who knows where we will eventually end up this season as it is not over. I know a lot of programs that would die to have a season with only 4 losses.

I guess I had enough when it was suggested that we root for our Gators to lose. To me, this is the ultimate betrayal.

Go Gators!!!

Point 1, new OC. Yes. Agreed. The Gator Nation has asked for it. The media has suggested it. It just makes sense. It needs to happen, even though we have "only" lost four games. In a row.

Point 2, Urban Meyer. We don't know what is going on anymore. The old UM was brilliant. No doubt. The new, post-esophageal spasm/ I-almost-died UM *may* be a different person. We don't know. I do know that I have not seen any fire in his eyes until about halfway through the MSU game. Will he make the changes that we all think the old UM would make? We shall see.

Point 3, ranting and complaining. That's pretty much what forums do. Find me a forum where we all sing kumbaya and say, "I love the Gators even when we lose, and 10-7 is not bad, four in a row ain't bad, and goshdarnit gee willickers it's great to be a Gator!" Yes, I will watch us lose. I will pay $1,500 to fly out to G'ville from San Antonio for four of us to watch the team lose and that will not stop us from being Gator fans, but I can think of 1,500 reasons why I have a right to complain on a forum. Even if you didn't pay that much, we all have Gator jerseys, Gator posters, Gator whatever invested in our love for the team. We all have the right to complain, and this forum is our only outlet. Urban Meyer doesn't answer my phone calls or my Tweets. Gatorenvy.com is our outlet.

Point 4, the sky is falling. Have we ever lost three in a row? Yes. Quick, when was the last time we lost four in a row? This team does not look like it can beat UGA. Of course we are panicking. Most of us cannot remember our 0-10-1 days and understand what four losses in a row feels like. I cannot recall it directly (I was too young), but I can recall watching my uncle jumping up and down in front of the TV and I heard all the stories. In most other seasons in Gator history, three consecutive losses means a new coach. The difference here is that we are only two years removed from a national championship. Still, we lose next game, and that is 1979-vintage losing. Lose five games in one season? Think Zook's last year.

Point 5, suggesting a loss = betrayal. Well, that is debatable. I won't dwell on that one.

Point 6, Go Gators! I think we can all agree on that one. Some of us are more angry when we shout that, some are frustrated, some are genuinely happy despite the gloom. The point is, we are still saying it. (And thankfully, some of those Tebow fair weather fans are leaving. Good riddance.)

The Zooker

VIP Member
Yeah, there's really not much else to talk about in here. It's the Gator Football forum. There aren't many positive topics right now with the program. Record aside, the team just looks horrible out there. My high school team played with more discipline and better execution. Three losses in a row is one thing. But the way they are losing (even the way they have won) is embarrassing.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Exactly my point. Win or lose, we have looked ugly ever since the Orange and Blue Game. In other words, we only looked good playing with ourselves.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema