• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bad news guys

I hate to see him go, but he is talented and will excel in the NFL I wish him the best of luck. and remeber once a gator always a gator. except in the case of zook..lol

The Zooker

VIP Member
That was expected. The kid started three years in a row. He has nothing else left to prove. Unless you come from a wealthy family (e.g. Andrew Luck), you should opt for the NFL draft when you are expected to be taken in the first round.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yup, we're losing a good one...at least we are strong in the secondary, though. Others can and will step up--we've got depth on defense (except for the line--I'm lookin' to CHOMP to pull a rabbit from the hat by signing day there!).

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I am certain Janoris Jenkins will do well in the NFL, regardless of where he gets drafted. One can never tell if he will be as good as, say, Champ Bailey or even former Gator Joe Haden, but at least we gain another Gator to watch in the NFL. I had better see some Gator chomps when Janoris picks off some passes and takes
'em to the house!

awebbf5

VIP Member
I am certain Janoris Jenkins will do well in the NFL, regardless of where he gets drafted. One can never tell if he will be as good as, say, Champ Bailey or even former Gator Joe Haden, but at least we gain another Gator to watch in the NFL. I had better see some Gator chomps when Janoris picks off some passes and takes
'em to the house!

I love how alex brown still does it after a big play and he's been gone for years now.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I knew he was gone. He is a beast and is like the number 5-15 prospect in everybody's draft class. Best of luck to him.

We should be worried about losing Will Hill. I personally think it will benefit him to stay one more year, but a lot of people like his NFL potential and he might be gone. If he stays he will be the top dog in our secondary, which is what he needs since he has kinda been in the shadow of Haden, Wright, Jenkins, and Black. Wow we have had some damn good DB's these past few years!

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
I have to say that I am very happy that he is staying a Gator but I really do not understand the reasoning. He is projected to go in the 1st round of the draft, how is going to improve his draft status? As much as I would like for him to stay this does not make a lot of sense.

Anyway - Go Gators and thank you Janoris!

DunnellonDave

Gator Fan
Thats the best news ive heard all day, We might have the most feared secondary next year. As far as Will Hill he's been one of the biggest bust imo since coming to florida, with a nickname the thrill hes sure hasnt lived up to it.
Man I couldn't agree more with that statement. The ONE good game he did have that he made a couple of interceptions he was just standing back playing centerfield and both were overthrown. I read where MusCHOMP says he did speak to Jenkins about getting his degree but with an injury not healed yet and MusCHOMP having connections in the NFL I'm sure he explained if he had a great senior year his injoury would not be a concern and after seeing the year Haden had he could really get drated high.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
So great to hear Jenkins is staying. I thought for sure he was gonna leave after his junior year like 2 years ago! He has talent and will be a top 10 pick next year.

As for Hill, I wish he would stay, but from what I hear his dad is saying he will go pro, and he posted 'farewell UF' on his Facebook before the Outback Bowl.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Excellent news. It's a nice insurance policy to get your degree first. But the common advice is to opt for the draft if you are expected to be taken in the first round. The caveat is that if you are selected in the first round and don't pan out for any number of reasons, like injury, you will most likely find yourself in bankruptcy. So it looks like Muschamp is trying to instill the importance of a college degree as an insurance policy. Nice move Chomp.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm never sure I understand the reasoning in these situations, either way. Look at Luck with Stanford: he's a first round-QB, maybe even first overall--even with the collective bargaining confusion in the pros, he's in the best possible position RIGHT NOW, with little to gain and everything to lose by waiting, but nonetheless...there are all kinds of factors at work in ALL of this, I guess, emotions, personal values, ethical questions and longterm plans and promises along with the obvious financial considerations that would seem to outweigh all the rest, from most of our "objective" points of view.
Anyway, I'm glad Janoris is staying (if that IS the final word), WHATEVER the reason(s)...that's the bottom line here from the Gator perspective.

The Zooker

VIP Member
I'm never sure I understand the reasoning in these situations, either way. Look at Luck with Stanford: he's a first round-QB, maybe even first overall--even with the collective bargaining confusion in the pros, he's in the best possible position RIGHT NOW, with little to gain and everything to lose by waiting, but nonetheless...there are all kinds of factors at work in ALL of this, I guess, emotions, personal values, ethical questions and longterm plans and promises along with the obvious financial considerations that would seem to outweigh all the rest, from most of our "objective" points of view.
Anyway, I'm glad Janoris is staying (if that IS the final word), WHATEVER the reason(s)...that's the bottom line here from the Gator perspective.

The Luck family is wealthy. So the kid doesn't need to go chasing dollars when they're waved in front of his face. He's already got them. But you're right about the general consensus. If you are slated to be an early first round pick then you enter the draft. Staying in school isn't going to improve that situation. It's just not as big of a temptation when you already have money.

awebbf5

VIP Member
So great to hear Jenkins is staying. I thought for sure he was gonna leave after his junior year like 2 years ago! He has talent and will be a top 10 pick next year.

As for Hill, I wish he would stay, but from what I hear his dad is saying he will go pro, and he posted 'farewell UF' on his Facebook before the Outback Bowl.

Let hill go and put elam in his spot.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Let hill go and put elam in his spot.

Keep in mind we lost Black, so we will need to replace both safeties if Hill goes. Elam will for sure be starting with black gone, and looks like Josh Evans will probably replace Hill.

I'm just not so comfortable with replacing both right now. And I don't really see why people are hating on Hill, the only thing I would say bad about him is that he waited for ball carriers to come to him instead of running towards them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema